Dear programmer

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Amber

Dear programmer

Post by Amber »

Sorry, I don't really know where to post this but didn't want to PM either in case anyone else is similarly afflicted.

I opt to get email alerts when a topic I have posted on gets a new contribution. Fine and good. Just recently though, I am getting an email every time there is a new post in the 'Everything else' section of the forum, whether or not I have posted on the thread. In fact if I have posted on it, I get 2 emails now, the usual one and then another one like this:
You are receiving this notification because you are watching the forum,
"EVERYTHING ELSE ...." at "11 Plus Exams Forum". This forum has received a
new reply to the topic "Olympic Torch coming to Colchester 6th July" since
your last visit.
Nothing personal to Colchester (never been) but as I didn't even go and look at the O****** T**** when it came to the top of my road, I don't have an interest in following it to Colchester. :?
It is filling up my inbox a bit- anything you could do please? It has been happening for maybe 2 weeks. It is only in EE topics.
Many thanks,
Amber.
mitasol

Re: Dear programmer

Post by mitasol »

I would suspect you've subscribed to the section.

In the relevant section you can click the link at the top left side (underneath new topic button) it should say unsubscribe forum. http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... m.php?f=38" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Alternatively you can click unwatch from within the user control panel -> manage subscriptions.
programmer

Post by programmer »

Hi Amber,

Thank you for reaching out to me. So far I am not aware of any others being affected by this problem. Please try mitasol's suggestion. If it does not help, please do PM me. Thank you.
Amber

Post by Amber »

Thank you both. I fear you might be right. It was all OK in the olden days when I just had a clunky old keyboard to talk to my wind-up Mac; now I have one of these fancy touch screen iPad thingies it is easy to hit a button I didn't even know was there. How embarrassing. :oops:

lesson here- better make sure I don't accidentally click on one of those dodgy pop-ups that appear on some websites. Not sure this excuse would wash with the vice squad.