Floods

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Waiting_For_Godot

Re: Floods

Post by Waiting_For_Godot »

My route was glorious today. Got a little bad when we hit the M1 but it wasn't excessive.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Dearest hubby reported back that the floods in one house went in the back door and right through the house. Thankfully they are insured but the poor lady is 9 months pregnant with a four year old and the husband fell over and cracked his head on the paving whilst trying to bale out. The other houses got off (just).

It all seems stranger than strange!
doodles

Post by doodles »

Can those of you further up the country please stop sending us your rain :lol: , we have enough of our own. It's been tipping it down on and off for days and days now. Today is horrendous and we have to go to church for the end of term service, hope it's over by two or I can anticipate a Murray induced walkout!

River at the end of the garden looking bit dodgy and my house is beginning to look like widow twankey's laundromat!

Hope everybody (including chickens) is ok.
Waiting_For_Godot

Post by Waiting_For_Godot »

Do you really have a river at the end of your garden? Shudder...

Pouring here and getting to Church was a nightmare and not helped by the shutting of major roads to accommodate the stupid Olympic Torch.
Samlet

Post by Samlet »

The Stockbridge Colonies where I lived in Edinburgh for two years had a stream right next door - only now according to pictures on the BBC and Scotsman website, the Water of Leith has turned into a raging river which has flooded the whole area.

Mind you, there was also a picture of a house in Devon where the 'stream' at the end of their garden has washed half the garden away! Good luck to you all - glad I live on the top of a hill now.
doodles

Post by doodles »

We do indeed have a river at the end of our very small garden! For 90% of the year it's great and the children love messing about in it. For the remaining 10% it's a bit nerve racking but so far it's been ok for the 13 years we've lived here, it gets very close to breeching sometimes but, as I said, so far..........
Amber

Post by Amber »

We have a stream at the end of ours, which turns into a river on days like Friday and floods about a quarter of the garden.

The upside is at times like now: our kids plus friends all playing in it, building bridges over it and dams in it. Means old fogies like me can pretend I am living in the mythical good times of the Famous Five era. :D
doodles

Post by doodles »

When they were younger ds's loved to play TimeTeam and see what they can dig up. Now they just like messing about in the water. I love having it there, with a small garden at least it means nobody can build any closer to our property :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now