Tour De France

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Blitz

Re: Tour De France

Post by Blitz »

First it was burnt arms with flares, now it's carpet tacks... it's beginning to turn into wacky races!

What going on with BW's legs? They are actually disappearing. They are certainly giving Chris Froome's arms a run for their money in the 'meat' stakes!
aliportico

Post by aliportico »

Yeah, today's podium leggings did emphasise his lack of calves, didn't they!
doodles

Post by doodles »

Think even my substantial calves would disappear if I'd cycled nigh on 200K up hill :lol: :lol:
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

Thanks to you girls I have found myself fascinated by BW's incredible shrinking calves. I tripped up the step running in from the garden to see a clip of him on the news yesterday, just so I could see what you were all talking about. :lol:
doodles

Post by doodles »

He's beginning to look like he's got knots for knees. The shorts are definately a better look than the leggings or perhaps I'm just jealous!
marigold

Post by marigold »

I really hope all this Frank Schleck stuff is a horrible mistake. Perhaps the phantom carpet tacker has been doing some phantom drugging as well ?
doodles

Post by doodles »

I am beginning to get withdrawal symptoms already and there's still three and a bit (rest of today) to go. What am I going to do next week?
doodles

Post by doodles »

Bradders 19 seconds away from a stage win - wow - and Froome is such a team man.

Rather worringly it says that BW has cycled for 78 hours and I think I've probably watched too large a proportion of that :oops:
aliportico

Post by aliportico »

Well, what about yesterday's stage finish! I was bouncing on my seat with excitement :-)

Anyone planning to get to London/Surrey for the olympic road race next Saturday?
marigold

Post by marigold »

Yes, it was superb wasn't it , I had a small tear in my eye.

We are planning a trek around the M25 next Saturday to watch the road race in Richmond Park. We luckily have a friend whose house backs onto the Park so will be able to park, but watching the London News during the week was pretty disheartening, it looks as though virtually every road between Gatwick and Reading will be shut. We are planning to leave Chelmsford at 6am , cheer Cav as he wizzes by in 0.5 seconds and then get back in the car for a four hour trip home.
Will be worth it though.