Go to navigation
It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:56 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:17 am 

Will you place your child in a school with high pupil and student turnover, what are the pros and cons?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:22 am 

I think it would depend on the reason for the high turn over.
My children's primary school has a high turn over because we live next to a RAF base and families move in and out regularly. It's always sad to see friends leave especially if your children have really bonded with them but I don't think it affects their education at all.
There are lots of possible reasons for a high turn over and I would investigate what the reason was before I would consider a school for my children.
I think a high turn over in teaching staff would be more of a worry!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:32 pm 

A high turnover in teaching staff could be healthy if the school is encouraging promotion and opportunities. A staid, inward looking staff would be more worrying. Why are staff and pupils leaving - is it dissatisfaction with the school, or a natural turnover. Why are people staying - satisfied with the school, or can't be bothered to move?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:24 pm 

high turnover due to kids from diff parts of the world - families moving and the teachers - well most seem to be here on a learning and language experience - such that that majority of teachers and pupils have english as their 2nd language, does fit the school set up but for a longer stay pupil or native bred - might be detrimental i think in terms of speaking properly