You Know Summer's Over When .........

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Amber

Re: You Know Summer's Over When .........

Post by Amber »

For something to be over, doesn't it have to have begun?
doodles

Post by doodles »

ooh very deep for a bank holiday monday morning :lol: Perhaps we are heading for one very non-descript season and nothing else. :(
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

Looking for help wrote:Christmas is ages away :shock:
But shops here are already removing "back to school" displays (which replaced Easter Eggs, so a whole term before the last school year finished) and starting to put the Christmas stuff out! Halloween stock made an appearance as soon as the Olympics ended.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Summer is over when you step outside the back door with your morning coffee only to find yourself shrouded in an entire family of spiders and their country pile. ..and their fly breakfast. :evil:
doodles

Post by doodles »

scarlett wrote:Summer is over when you step outside the back door with your morning coffee only to find yourself shrouded in an entire family of spiders and their country pile. ..and their fly breakfast. :evil:

:) :) :)

Drew the curtains in the sitting room last night - first time for ages.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Downton Abbey :D
Has Maggie Smith left? :(
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

Looking for help wrote:Oh for goodness sake, we are all waiting for the Indian summer. Christmas is ages away :shock:
We went to our local garden centre on Sunday and decided to stop off for a coffee and a slice of cake and had to walk through the Christmas shop to get to it. It was fully kitted out with decorated Christmas trees, lights, baubles etc. :shock: I had forgotten that they do this every year. I will not be going back there until December.
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Fran17 wrote: We went to our local garden centre on Sunday and decided to stop off for a coffee and a slice of cake and had to walk through the Christmas shop to get to it. It was fully kitted out with decorated Christmas trees, lights, baubles etc. :shock: I had forgotten that they do this every year. I will not be going back there until December.
Quite right. In my family we have sooooooo many birthdays in November that we cannot look forward to Christmas till at least the 1st of December.

As far as Downton is concerned, Maggie was in the trailer, so I think all is good :D
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

Looking for help wrote:Quite right. In my family we have sooooooo many birthdays in November that we cannot look forward to Christmas till at least the 1st of December.

As far as Downton is concerned, Maggie was in the trailer, so I think all is good :D
My birthday is in November. No one in our house is allowed to mention Christmas until December. :wink:

Good news about Maggie. :D
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Don't talk about Christmas ....September is the month the dreaded blank off duty appears on the wall for Christmas day 'volunteers '. :( :evil:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now