Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

panorama wifi

Post by Guest »

Any views on last night's programme?
NewsMoose

Post by NewsMoose »

guest68

Post by guest68 »

Nothing to with education, not unless gamin is on the national curriculum.
NewsMoose

Post by NewsMoose »

If your child's DNA is being broken down by central govt. incompetence then I guess it will sooner or later affect your child's mind and ultimately education?

Post by Guest »

Thank you News Moose. I am approaching my childrens' schools today, unfortunately I have to work now - wil definately come back to post later.
Karen

Post by Karen »

You only have to stand outside the fish and chip shop at lunch/tea time to see where the real damage is being done. :cry: (Or could it be that their brains are already as fried as the chips... :wink: )

Post by Guest »

If your child's DNA is being broken down by central govt. incompetence then I guess it will sooner or later affect your child's mind and ultimately education
M8, there is a choice, don't buy the damn thing in the first place. Take them to the park, get some (?) freshair, do what we did when we were young.

Point made !!

Post by Guest »

Panorama adviced parents to ask schools to stop using wifi. What was extremely worrying was the second piece of advice ' Change schools if they refused.' Are parents concerned? There isn't much feedback on this thread.

Post by Guest »

[/quote]

M8, there is a choice, don't buy the damn thing in the first place. Take them to the park, get some (?) freshair, do what we did when we were young.

Point made !!

The point of last night's programme was that 70% of British schools now have wifi. The problem is it may be harmful even when the children are not using computers. We cannot tell our children to skip school and go to the park!!!!!!!!
Sayed

Post by Sayed »

Pfft, to be honest, its not just wifi. Our minds, not just our kids, have been bombarded by electromagnetic radiation for the past 40 years or so. From TV screens, to hard-drives, to mobile phones, to high voltage power cables, cordless phones, power bricks, radar both military and civilian et cetera. Probably more important is the use of mobile phones, from my clinical epidemiology tutorials with Bristol uni's head of clinical epidemiology, there is a definite link whether these due confounders or not can only be implemented in a mass RCT. We won't know for a while yet. Its not in the benefit of the government and corporations if any evidence does strong suggest a causal link.
At Washington state university, Professor Henry Lai, a biologist respected by both sides of the argument says he has found health effects at similar levels of radiation to Wi-Fi.

He estimates that of the two to three thousand studies carried out over the last 30 years, there is a 50-50 split - half finding an effect with the other half finding no effect at all.
Damage to DNA = cancer is incorrect assumption which is what the research is trying to suggest. If that were the case, from the food we eat to the sunshine even our own body making mistakes, we would be dead by 10 years old due to the cancer formation. Hence in radiotherapy they use field beams (may be called something else), causes DNA damage to health tissue but still able to repair itself.

My 2 cents; I'm a little sceptical on health issues; there are many other known and unknown factors.