Draw a Person

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Okanagan

Re: Draw a Person

Post by Okanagan »

No doubt there is a site somewhere that advises parents on how to get their children drawing people well at age 3 for school entrance assessments - with a forum where they can compare progress and strategies for improvement :lol:
Amber

Post by Amber »

neveragain* wrote:Amber, you made me spit my coffee out with laughter.....as someone who has worked in psychological services with children for years, it appealed!
If he is going to become some kind of mad dissectionist type matricidal murderer, please don't tell me.
Okanagan wrote:No doubt there is a site somewhere that advises parents on how to get their children drawing people well at age 3 for school entrance assessments - with a forum where they can compare progress and strategies for improvement :lol:
How I wish I could answer that with 'don't be so ridiculous!'
3b1g

Post by 3b1g »

Okanagan wrote:No doubt there is a site somewhere that advises parents on how to get their children drawing people well at age 3 for school entrance assessments - with a forum where they can compare progress and strategies for improvement :lol:
:wink:
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

I live this place. :D
3b1g

Post by 3b1g »

I find it amusing that the test is named Goodenough... clearly three of my DCs aren't, when it comes to this particular measure of development! :D
Amber

Post by Amber »

stroudydad wrote:I live this place. :D
Was that a typo or a really sad admission, Stroudydad? Perhaps neveragain* would like to bring her professional skills to bear on that one?
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Amber wrote:
stroudydad wrote:I live this place. :D
Was that a typo or a really sad admission, Stroudydad? Perhaps neveragain* would like to bring her professional skills to bear on that one?
neveragain has most likely got us all sussed and writing a thesis. (looks out of curtain for men in white coats)

I've asked all DC to draw me a picture of a person and will report back my findings on their development. I'm not hopeful much has changed since they were 3 yrs old (in terms of drawing ability). It may actually have regressed somewhat. Depends how many vodkas the older ones have had.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Most definately a Freudian, created by Newtons best. :D
mm23292

Post by mm23292 »

All very interesting..and highly amusing! And if schools are using this as an early years entrance 'assessment', then like you say Okanadan, I am sure there may well be many 3yr olds practicing their drawing skills. I looked up the Goodenough test and the score guide, and DD's average score is 16, which equates to a mental age of 7yrs. But what does that really indicate? Surely the mental age concept is quite broad, and covers more than intellectual functionality? I guess in isolation it really means little more than a shrewd eye for detail, and thankfully the only appendage bordering on pathological so far, is the startlingly spiky hair :)
neveragain*

Post by neveragain* »

Sorry, neveragain* was in a darkened room after contemplating the potential psychosis of most of the posters.......
Amber, have you secured all the knife drawers yet? :twisted:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now