Homework, please help an idiot mother

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

logic32

Re: Homework, please help an idiot mother

Post by logic32 »

Stevew61

Well clearly you are right too then !!! And you can quote me on that.

I totally agree that is really mature of your DD, mine clearly is not there yet as she has a fear of getting anything wrong - Her father is responsible for many of her character traits......

Is it me or is maths unrecognisable from when I was at school. I only managed a B at 'O' level so clearly no genius, but my son's Y8 maths involves topics I've never even heard of. Could of course be old age too !
mad?

Re: Homework, please help an idiot mother

Post by mad? »

logic32 wrote: I totally agree that is really mature of your DD, mine clearly is not there yet as she has a fear of getting anything wrong - Her father is responsible for many of her character traits......
My DD2 is like that as well. I put it down to years of competing at gymnastics where you start with a maximum mark and then get points knocked off for every little mistake. On the other hand I am/was a bit like that as well and regardless of this homework I would say do whatever you can to help her get over it. I can't count the number of things I have not tried/given up because they did not come easily to me, only to realise with age of course that there were lots of people who were less capable when they started, but have now had years of enjoyment practising these things and are now pretty fantastic at them. I guess that is what learning is about :D . Fear of failure is a real barrier to progress.
mad?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now