Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Sallyltb

Re: Driving courses - under 17

Post by Sallyltb »

Sirens in Hemel Hempstead.
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

I believe Silverstone and Brands Hatch also offer courses.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Thank you all - I will do some more research. I have seen a lot of these when searching and they don't quite offer what I did at the same age ( a lot of them are a driving "experience"), but maybe that just doesn't exist - the Northampton one looks promising and only a bit over an hour from home.
scary mum
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

http://www.drivingambition.info/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A friend went here - said it was good.
fizzypops

Post by fizzypops »

I haven't really been into this driving school, but it is based on the front car park of Brent Cross Shopping Centre in Barnet. It's designed for 11 to 16 year olds, but I don't know the price. I don't know the name either but I'm pretty sure it is still running now.
FP Fizzypops
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

We didn't do this with ours, just spent a few hours learning how to control the car in industrial estates on Sundays nearby where there were very few other cars. This was before starting formal lessons so they could actually make the car move in the right direction and stop and start and change gear from 1st to 2nd. Seemed to work - although beware, teaching your children to drive could be the end of a beautiful relationship :lol:

I found this one though, might be worth a call. I notice there are no prices on the website though ....

http://www.blueschoolofmotoring.com/und ... d-driving/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;