Birthday party for 11 year old girl

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Warks mum

Re: Birthday party for 11 year old girl

Post by Warks mum »

DD went to a Den Building party at Ryton Pools recently (http://countryparks.warwickshire.gov.uk ... ntry-park/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;).

It was a 16th birthday party and they had a great time, but it was mentioned that the staff normally cater for slightly younger children!
ginx

Post by ginx »

Hi, Warks mum (from another Warks mum). Done den building at Ryton Pools twice. This year we did Rocket building which was brilliant but needed adult supervision. Kids had to decorate empty 2litre plastic bottles to look like rockets (that took ages) and name them (all were named after Skylanders). We then walked up the hill behind the Visitors Centre and, one by one, pumped air into them and they "blasted" into the sky. Kids loved it, and those who were bored waiting because they had fired their rocket, just ran around playing. A successful party.

I think Ryton Pools do a party of some sort in the woods for 8+ (we have only done parties for our children there when they were around 7). Don't think the girls would enjoy it - but you never know - I'll ask my daughter after school. She does like "doing" things as well as just waiting to have her nails painted .... again ... think I'd get bored if it was me!

Thanks for the idea. Have you been to Brandon Marsh? They do good parties too, again for younger children really.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

I expect different places offer different things.

We had an instructor and they explained how the games were played then set the kids off and monitored them (H & S) in the compound, if you weren't kitted up (overalls, goggles and 'guns') you didn't get into the compound.

We took sandwiches and drinks with us as there were picnic benches available on-site but then we took them all on to a restaurant later as well.

You should just ring round and see what the differing places offer and what their prices are, also whether they allow food or not - some like to get more money in by offering catering only, on-site.
secondtime

Post by secondtime »

My DD had a 'climbing party' at the climbing wall at our local leisure centre for her 11th. All the children loved it - the instructor was great with them and we had no stresses!
ginx

Post by ginx »

Don't think dd2 and her friends like climbing ... but I don't know. And it would be different. dd2 is always up for anything and so are most girls, I suppose. It would be different. I suppose she could do it at the sports centre, would be nice not to have to go far. I've got a few ideas to discuss with her when she comes back from school.

You're all so helpful on here! Do I stick with Laserquest - decorate cakes - paintball -
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

DD went to a climbing party for one of her friends. They all loved it. Same girl is going to have another this year.
Saying that, they are the sorts of girls that after school, if the weather is nice, spend most of their time playing in the park up a tree.
ginx

Post by ginx »

That's my worry, Tinkers! Not all these girls are the adventurous kind. What do I do with one who is afraid of heights or just refuses to do it? Two of dd2's best friends .... well, I don't know, to be fair. They might love it.
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

My DD hates heights and has refused to go to 2 parties at Go Ape this year as a result. No fun just watching from the bottom. Laserquest, both indoor and out, have been popular across the board.
ginx

Post by ginx »

Thanks, Reading Mum. It's looking like Laserquest ... can you do Laserquest outdoors?
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

yes - they got dressed up in camo overalls and hats with sensors and ran around the forest at the one near us. Seems to be called Laser Tag