Birthday party for 11 year old girl

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ginx

Re: Birthday party for 11 year old girl

Post by ginx »

Thanks for that tip, Jules 7. We're going to a new laser quest. You are right, they will be put in teams, and we are going to have just ten. Maybe we should freak out and have 12! but seriously can't afford many more. It all adds up. This will have to be part of her present.

Still yet to book. It isn't till 19 May!
StJamesDad

Post by StJamesDad »

DD2 (11) did Snoxross at the dry ski slopes with 8 friends. They all seemed to love it and were screaming/giggling and smiling a lot.
It seemed hardcore enough for the adrenalin junkies, yet no one found it hard or scary. They all just kept running up for more!
Think its a fairly new thing so none of them had done it before.
Some had done tubing there and said this was much faster. They could go on their own (sitting or standing), or two on one bike.
Take your own helmet if you do go, as they make you wear a hair net if you use theirs.
Went off to eat elsewhere afterwards and it was a really good day out.

Husky sleds were another thing were thinking of, but I think a friend of DD2's had done that and it never got mentioned again.
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

StJamesDad wrote:Husky sleds were another thing were thinking of, but I think a friend of DD2's had done that and it never got mentioned again.
If you're where I think you are, then I know the people who run the Husky sled operation around there - small world!
StJamesDad

Post by StJamesDad »

Glocestershershire here.
I might see if DD2 wants to try that over Easter hols thinking about it.
bns

Post by bns »

what do people think of having a "hot-tub" party for 6-8 11yr old girls, it's dd idea I'm not so sure :?:
dd says you can hire them for W/E or even a week does anyone have any experience of them?? or such parties
KS10

Post by KS10 »

I'd go with your instincts.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

I'd say it's really different and I think the girls could have loads of fun.

BUT, they would need constant supervision (it's similar to being at a swimming pool?) and, isn't there a time limit on how long you can stay in one of these?

I don't see why it can't be done. You could set off a new trend :)
ginx

Post by ginx »

We haven't yet booked laserquest so that's a new idea ... would girls get bored? Or just sit and chat about one direction or something equally exciting?!
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Well, if the weather keeps up, and the party's to be soon, you could do the Swedish thing - you know, roll round in the snow, jump in a freezing cold paddling pool, then into the hot tub (well, my version of it anyway).

You need to find out if you can put bubbles in it, colour the water, have lights on under the water. Perhaps you could serve fruit cocktails, make it like a spa day for them (but catered for their age group).
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

bns wrote:what do people think of having a "hot-tub" party for 6-8 11yr old girls, it's dd idea I'm not so sure :?:
dd says you can hire them for W/E or even a week does anyone have any experience of them?? or such parties
My DD wants to do something similar but at a spa instead of here. There is one nearish us that does kids and teens parties. I am not convinced but we'll see. Her birthday has already passed but it's in half term so we are looking for a normal weekend to do something.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now