Should mother cancel pre-SATs party?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mystery

Re: Should mother cancel pre-SATs party?

Post by mystery »

Maybe she wanted an invitation and didn't think she had time to go until the following week.

It wouldn't be my first choice date for a party. However, my children frequently have difficulty getting to sleep at a good time despite going to bed early. They might actually sleep better the night before SATs if they were worn out, happy, and slightly late to bed. Everyone is different.

I help one to one with year 6s who have fallen behind. A lot of them go to bed late very regularly - and I'm meaning staying up watching unsuitable films until midnight, night after night. Occasionally they would amaze me with some mental feats and it would, unfailingly, have been after they had been to bed much earlier than usual.

If the head thought she had any chance persuading that mother, I don't think this was the best route!
StJamesDad

Re: Should mother cancel pre-SATs party?

Post by StJamesDad »

Have not read the article but I would say it depended on why the head thought the party would be a bad idea.
If it was in the best interest of her pupil then hats off to her, but if it was for the schools SATS results then she should probably just mind her own business.

There are certainly no parties going on here tonight. DD has had a chilled out day, drank loads of water and is on coarse for a normal bedtime.
Even if she did not want to do well in her SATS it would be no different (apart from the water) really.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now