It's not just us then...

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mike1880

It's not just us then...

Post by mike1880 »

I caught a brief item on this on R4 this morning. They were a bit dismissive but I thought "yes, that sounds about the right number":

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/100561 ... laims.html

Any advance on 183?

I was hoping we'd be getting past this stage in a couple of years, I sincerely hope it isn't going to continue until she's 23 (ten years! :shock: )

Mike
mystery

Re: It's not just us then...

Post by mystery »

Wow! Is that all? I'm looking forward to the end of primary years in that case.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

mystery wrote:Wow! Is that all? I'm looking forward to the end of primary years in that case.
You should try having boys...
RedVelvet

Post by RedVelvet »

We have older boys and a younger girl. I reckon the hormones will all hit all three around the same time. Rather like have a houseful of pre-schoolers; a few intense years, hopefully better than dragging it out. Stocking up on wine now...
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

I feel profoundly lucky. Yes my dd argues, but nowhere near that amount. She's very easy going actually, and come to think of it, so was my son.
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

me too Snowdrops but DD could just be storing it up for a massive explosion when I least expect it. DD tries to wheedle things like later bedtime but she doesn't really argue with us. When little (aged 2?) she once started making a strange noise when thwarted in some way - when asked what she was doing she replied "insert DD's name whinging" :lol:
RedVelvet

Post by RedVelvet »

Snowdrops wrote:I feel profoundly lucky. Yes my dd argues, but nowhere near that amount. She's very easy going actually, and come to think of it, so was my son.

I doubt it's all luck. :wink:
doodles

Post by doodles »

My kindest, gentlest, most loving, good and considerate gentle giant DS1 has, over the last few months, become a huge strop monster :cry: :cry: :cry: I would like to original back if anybody comes across him.
ginx

Post by ginx »

My 13 almost 14 year old is -mostly - easy, kind, loving, helpful. I couldn't ask for a better daughter. But my daughter aged 11 here isn't happy by that. She's lovely too in a rather stroppy kind of way. The future will be - hormonal - I can see it already :roll:
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

Don't get me wrong, our daughter is lovely - funny, charming, hard working...intermittently...things blow up without any warning or reason. It's a bit like a summer day punctuated by short, sharp thunderstorms...

We have two going through it at the same time. It sounds terrible but I have absolutely no idea how our son is coping because he's being very quiet about it all while daughter most definitely isn't.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now