Kids party non-rspvers

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ToadMum

Re: Kids party non-rspvers

Post by ToadMum »

With three DC, we have suffered our share of non-responders and "DNA"s over the years - I am quite glad that even DS2 (aged 10) has moved on to inviting a select few friends out rather than having an actual "party" - last time we did ice-cream sundaes at a popular restaurant in Southend, followed by a wander down to the arcade at the near end of the pier (at the added expense of a handful of 2p pieces each for the "coin-pushing" machines :lol:) DD has requested a slightly :) more sophisticated lunch at our favoutite Thai restaurant for herself and a couple of friends...

I have to own up to one non-response myself - in Reception, one Friday evening DD said that one of her friends had given out invitations that day but she had left hers in her drawer. When she retrieved it on the Monday morning, we discovered that the party had been that Sunday :roll:
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
mystery

Post by mystery »

I always have to follow up the vast majority of invitations in one of my dd's year group. This is despite usually sending the invitation by two methods to avoid the inevitable book bag problems. I also check the small group of best friends can attend before fixing the date. Despite this there are usually problems on the day with people who are expected not showing up for spurious reasons. Last year the two children my dd considered to be her closest buddies did not show up. They were not ill.

My other dd's class has much more reliable parents and children.

Hopefully you will find school better than nursery. For us it was the other way round.
panacea

Post by panacea »

We have had a good experience with my little receptioner who invited 20 friends for his 5th. Out of 20, 3 did not bother to respond but I had still kept 3 extra goodie bags :D and then one of ones who had not responded turned up! We just did not make a big deal out of anything and had a great time 8) It does happen, I guess in every class there will be such parents but we just keep ourselves ready for anything!
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Possibly a case of "surprise" arrival having been told by Mummy to be sure to tell Miss panacea to tell her Mummy that she will be able to come to the party??
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now