Calling all Tour Fans

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
doodles

Re: Calling all Tour Fans

Post by doodles »

aliportico wrote:On a ferry with an awful lot of cycling fans .... see you in St Malo tomorrow :-)

Was that you with the Yorkshire banner just outside Dinan??
aliportico

Post by aliportico »

Lol, no, we were 50m from the finish :-) Was starting to get nervous that it wasn't going to end up as a sprint finish, but it did, and was very exciting :-)
doodles

Post by doodles »

Watched it until 50k to go and then had to hit the school run etc. Got the highlights to watch when DH comes in and then St Malo tomorrow looks good.

So glad it's on next week as I need to do the pre-holiday ironing and at least there'll be something to watch :D
Amber

Post by Amber »

Could I do my usual and just get readers of this thread to look at this too? I found out about this chap as one of my sons is a very keen cyclist and word has somehow spread about this man. It may just strike a chord with someone with a tiny bit of cash to spare, or just raise awareness of another reason for most of us to be thankful for our good health.

http://www.ngomedia.org.uk/tumourist/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
doodles

Post by doodles »

Alportico, were you at today's time trial? and where are you off to tomorrow.

Please, please tell me that you are in one of the white camper vans following the tour around. I soooooo want to do that :shock:
doodles

Post by doodles »

Fantastic stage today for Bastille day. Where are you now alportico?
aliportico

Post by aliportico »

Home now! No, sadly not in a motor home, but would love to do that one year :-) Went over as foot passengers and hired a car for a couple of days. Stayed in St Malo Tuesday night, just round the corner from Movistar's hotel. We were just before the 6k mark for the time trial, and then stayed near Avranches, opposite Saxo Tinkoff's hotel :-) Then down to Fougères Thursday morning for the start, a free afternoon and back to St Malo for the night. Ferry home during the day on Friday, watched Cavendish win on tv there, which was fun too :-) Looking forward to Yorkshire next year!
doodles

Post by doodles »

Who goes up a mountain twice in one day :shock:

Great stage again, can't believe there's only 3 days left , well 2 really as I can't say the race into Paris is my favourite stage.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now