Any ideas for a golden wedding anniversary present?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Samlet

Re: Any ideas for a golden wedding anniversary present?

Post by Samlet »

Ooh, just remembered another option on the old photos front. We got some of my parents old slides put onto a DVD for them so that they can watch them on a computer or TV - it brought back loads of memories for them as they dated from the late 40s onwards. We found the company online and did it all via the post.
doodles

Post by doodles »

A friend of mine did 50 golden presents; little things like a reel of golden coloured thread, a gold gel pen etc.
RedVelvet

Post by RedVelvet »

Have a look at notonthehighstreet. There are some lovely gifts.
Ally

Post by Ally »

Hope you have a lovely party.

Even if you don't frame the photo's, you should try and take a box / selection with you and it'll become a talking point and bring back many happy memories for you and your extended family.

We (I) did a photo album for my parents 50th last year. My sisters had the job of finding /stealing photo's and I scanned, collated and did the album using Photobox. it was an immense amount of hard work and surprisingly I was still talking to my sisters at the end of it. :lol: The finished result looked amazing and there was a 2 or 1 offer so luckily I have my own copy as well.

My parents loved it. Dad cried, but then that's my Dad. Even Mum who is impossible to please loved it. The Aunt's are still talking about it. My only disappointment was we couldn't find any baby photo's of me ( I'm the middle child) and I would have loved to have included a wedding photo of mum with her bridesmaid ( her youngest sister) who died 10 years ago, specially as Mum and Dad didn't have a wedding photo album
fairyelephant

Post by fairyelephant »

A fun present (maybe from the children) is to make a gold box and fill with lots of golden things, like golden wonder crisps, golden syrup, golden caster sugar etc etc and you could add the gold coloured things from the post above.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Maybe one of the grandchildren (or friend) has the technology, with laptop and mic, downloaded backing tracks etc. for the grandchildren to record a CD for your Mum and Dad to listen to.

They could record songs, nursery rhymes, poems, short story, or just 'natter' about what they've been up to recently. If you're scattered far and wide, sound files can be emailed to the one compiling it.

If not, maybe a DVD compilation of family gatherings / birthdays / festivals etc. from times past?

Hope you all have a wonderful time. :D
ginx

Post by ginx »

Ally, that is a good idea. A box of photos that we can all look at, and I won't feel I've stolen them! I don't think my parents would actually notice, but I feel guilty at the thought of taking them - but how else do I get them? Their party is on 20th July, I'm next visiting on 14th (they live two hours drive away) and see if I'll get a chance. Mum and Dad have thirteen grandchildren, seven under five years old including two very young babies, so photos would be good, Mum will enjoy looking for family likenesses etc. She loves babies. Fortunately. :D

I have four children, they would probably enjoy thinking of gold coloured things, so thank you for that - can keep them occupied. Dd2 put a gold bow on the rose, or 50 little gold bows, gold plastic flowers if that sense.
solimum

Post by solimum »

For my 50th birthday party recently I discovered a jigsaw puzzle with sweets from the 60s! It was a great attraction at the party and would make an amusing present. 1963 was a great year, and your Dad would probably remember more of it than I do.... My son also got me a jigsaw of the front page of the Times on the day I was born.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now