school bags

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Appeal Mum

Post by Appeal Mum »

LOL.

Consider yourselves well and truly told.. Who needs Mr ****** to chastise (We can keep him for the importnant stuff, like keeping the site up and running.) When we have our very own Dame Hel..

How are those Yr 7s doing Dame Hel? :?

AM
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO... We do not advertise, we are making genuine recommendations (or suggestions) :D :D :D
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

"Cheapest and most basic in the shop and I can't work it."

And that's an advert? :lol:
sj355

Post by sj355 »

Sally-Anne wrote:I think Carphone Warehouse still do my model of phone (a Nokia) - I bought it 6 months ago. You'll know which one it is - it's the cheapest one in the shop! No frills, no extras. Still can't work it half the time though. :roll:
Yep, my husband bought that; we returned it the next day as the battery compartment would not close properly. :( Then bought a much more elegant Samsung (higher price but more airtime to start with). End of advertising section!
sj355
laid back son worried mum

Post by laid back son worried mum »

sj355 wrote:Yep, my husband bought that; we returned it the next day as the battery compartment would not close properly. :( Then bought a much more elegant Samsung (higher price but more airtime to start with). End of advertising section!
Did you return it together or did he do it on his own? If you purchased the elegant Samsung together the next day(i.e. went to shops with him), I am going to lose a11 hope..men wi11 never be able to multi-task. :cry:
sj355

Post by sj355 »

Did you return it together or did he do it on his own? If you purchased the elegant Samsung together the next day(i.e. went to shops with him), I am going to lose a11 hope..men wi11 never be able to multi-task. :cry:[/quote]

No, my son returned it with him the next day and personally ensured that the elegant replacement was purchased on the spot! The little man seems to be a much more able male overall, if not very financially conscious. :lol:
sj355
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

The little man seems to be a much more able male overall... :lol:
He'll grow out of it - they all do in the end. :roll:
laid back son worried mum

Post by laid back son worried mum »

sj355 wrote: No, my son returned it with him the next day and personally ensured that the elegant replacement was purchased on the spot! The little man seems to be a much more able male overall, if not very financially conscious. :lol:
Testosterone Conspiracy?
Kent Mum

Post by Kent Mum »

We've just had to buy our second bag already :?
My son needs his own Sherpa! Honestly, you'd think that he was going mountaineering in the Himalayas for a week instead of to school for a day!
His first bag was an expensive one (admittedly heavily reduced, but originally over £20!)- and this time we've picked up one for just over £5. If they're going to tear at the seams that quickly, we may as well replace the cheaper ones!
Of course I'm out of my mind! It's dark and scary in there!!!!

Post by Guest »

I can beat that. We're now on our fourth.

Bag 1: original primary school number.
Bag 2: cheapy from the market - couldn't get the zips to move.
Bag 3: reduced item (originally £20). Perfect design. Daughter loved it. Pastel pink. Lots of pockets. Seams ripped.
Bag 4: the one she'd always wanted, and I'd refused to buy, from John Lewis. "Monkey" bag (many of you may recognise this). Lots of pockets. Wonderful zips. 2-year guarantee. The downside? £52.