Year 9 CATS Tests

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
doodles

Year 9 CATS Tests

Post by doodles »

Help please. Before I embarrass myself completely and call the Director of Studies what do these results mean? I can't make head nor tail of them - they look OK I think, but what it the benchmark?
CarpeDiem

Re: Year 9 CATS Tests

Post by CarpeDiem »

I think they are all standardised in the same way someone please correct me if I am wrong.
For the ones my DS took any thing over 110 shows a strength and under 95 shows a weakness I think maximum score is 140.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Thankyou, but I am being particularly dense and really don't see the point/understand :oops: :oops: Are they supposed to predict your GCSE grade?
aliportico

Post by aliportico »

Depends how your dc's school do predictions. My dd2 got very high CAT scores, but because her school use Fisher Family Trust, I think, her (non-existent) ks2 sats and her postcode seemed to be more important and her 'official' predicted grades are two or three below what her teachers are telling us they're expecting from her. I assume that if she wants to change for sixth form that the school will provide her with realistic predictions, otherwise I'm not worrying about it.
mystery

Post by mystery »

The school has spent money doing them so presumably uses them in some way. Only they can tell you how they use them. I would ask.

At my son's grammar they were used to judge whether a child was doing better or worse than expected and kind of influenced the judgement of effort. They can be flawed so I think this could have resulted in them praising some backsliding kids.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now