"The Walking Dead" and Horror Appreciation Thread!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
bravado

"The Walking Dead" and Horror Appreciation Thread!

Post by bravado »

Anyone else care to come on in and discuss all things horror and "The Walking Dead"? :D
ahap

Re: "The Walking Dead" and Horror Appreciation Thread!

Post by ahap »

You can actually enjoy watching it as it has a good storyline and won't get any nightmares :? . To sum it up a decent series that everyone can watch. Warning... :twisted: A little bit gory, well a lot gory but the story line captures the audience more than the gory bits and it just passes very quickly before you can dwell on what happened. Excellent direction and techniques. The actors play very well indeed, very real. Can't wait for series 4 to start. :P
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
bravado

Post by bravado »

I don't think I could have summed it up any better to be honest.

What I love, is the sensitive way in which the human story is told, or rather humanity.

In our house, what we'd all like to know though, is why the zombies' flesh doesn't continue to decompose?

As a horror tale, it's superb. DD2 and I like Darryl and hope he doesn't "cop it". Even though I didn't like Merle, I do admit to feeling more than a little sad when it became obvious what was going to happen to him. :(

We also liked "666 Park Avenue" but felt it ended a little disappointingly, due no doubt to the fact that the network decided not to commission another season and they had to hurriedly tie up loose ends. I thought it had great potential. :(
ahap

Post by ahap »

Perhaps the infection makes the decomposing a bit slower; keeps the flesh alive :? for longer than usual. :?: :shock:
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
ahap

Post by ahap »

It's here ..Aracauna girl.

http://www.channel5.com/shows/the-walki ... sode-7-341" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You have to watch season 1 & 2 to fully understand. Bravado has the link.

Season 4 starts in October 2013. We have to ask bravado whether they will telecast it in the UK in October as well. :wink:
Perhaps after a hard day's work & everyone's gone to bed, this can take your mind off a bit :twisted: . It usually starts at 10.pm. But if you miss it there is always on demand.
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

Brilliant, just seen first episode of Series 1 via Lovefilm with a g&t. Love it :D
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
bravado

Post by bravado »

Have sent you the link via PM

I suspect that they will put it on the website as usual :D
Floss

Post by Floss »

LOVE Walking Dead :D Surprising really as I dont normally like Zombie things. If I'm honest thought I watch most of it from behind a cushion whilst my OH rewinds the gory bits so I can watch it again !! Love Andrew Lincoln, think he plays a pretty good convincing American
bravado

Post by bravado »

Floss wrote:LOVE Walking Dead :D Surprising really as I dont normally like Zombie things. If I'm honest thought I watch most of it from behind a cushion whilst my OH rewinds the gory bits so I can watch it again !! Love Andrew Lincoln, think he plays a pretty good convincing American
I agree about Andrew Lincoln - when I watched the pilot, I had to check the credits because I recognized him but thought I must be imagining it, as his accent was so good. I have to say that I'm also impressed with other "The Walking Dead" British actors' accents too - Lauren Cohan and Lennie James. I can't make my mind up yet about David Morrissey as it drops in and out - still very accomplished though and miles better than I could ever do :lol:

Counting down the days until 18th October :D
Floss

Post by Floss »

Spent the weekend catching up with Season 3 (got that much to watch we save up a try to do it all in one go !)
Loved it, was shocked about Andrea though :shock: David Morrissey is fantastic, looking forward to new season.

Just started watching Breaking Bad :D :D Its fantastic