Gift for the very bright toddler

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Amber

Re: Gift for the very bright toddler

Post by Amber »

hermanmunster wrote:had so much trouble stopping the kids from mixing up the zygoma and xiphisternum :roll:
Gosh Herman, how embarrassing for you - but well done for feeling brave enough to admit this on an open forum.

My daughter was chopping cauliflower last night and she remarked that the florets 'look like little brains'. Now if only we had had one of those puzzles, we could have expected a little more detail from an otherwise apparently quite bright 17 year old. Sigh.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Now that just proves that educational standards have gone down. When my mother performed certain manoeuvres with a knife on cauliflower as a young child preparing cauliflower cheese, she used to announce that she was performing a lobotomy.
Amber

Post by Amber »

mystery wrote:Now that just proves that educational standards have gone down. When my mother performed certain manoeuvres with a knife on cauliflower as a young child preparing cauliflower cheese, she used to announce that she was performing a lobotomy.
How to put this? Maybe this says more about your mother than the education system? :wink: