Go to navigation
It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:39 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:16 pm 

Cadbury's selection box's on sale in September were a real shocker as to how near Christmas is, but on the bright side, that means the new John Lewis ad is not far away :D

I remember waiting for it last year and how I felt when I realised I was watching it.

Anyone else have this as a Christmas highlight?

Do you think it will be as good as last years?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:23 pm 

Um - not sure I saw it? What was it about?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:24 pm 

I have no memory of any John Lewis adverts! Or many others, for that matter as I do my best to avoid them :D I'll look out for it now though.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:36 pm 

Snowman getting his girlfriend a scarf??? I remember that it was rather cute, but I am not the best person to ask about ads - years ago I completely failed to notice that a particularly "prominent" TV ad was trying to sell me Pirelli tyres...

(However, I do remember one for some kind of instant coffee that went something along the lines of, "I hate to spread gossip, but what else can you do with it?").

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:47 pm 

Doh. Just realised that should be 2013, not 2014 :oops:

Here's last years one if you really did not see it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N8axp9nHNU

The ad's are often better than the programs they follow!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:02 pm 

I remember it well ( the thread not the ad..although I liked that too ) . Was it really almost a year ago?! Goodness, I shall need wheeling around in a bathchair soon complete with an ear trumpet, the way time is flying. :(

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:18 pm 

John Lewis in Bluewater has Christmas decorations up which was a bit of a shock. Even more of a shock was when I was coming up in a lift and the doors opened to giant versions of their decorations - they are tall, thin geometric versions of Christmas trees (I assume) in black with silver spots. Just for a moment I thought the Dalek invasion was starting :oops:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:15 am 

^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought the 'more than a woman' one was lovely - although I don't think that was Christmas.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:02 am 

How can they be putting up christmas decs, it's only just October! :(

I am still coming to terms with the fact that summer is over...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:06 am 

One of the (non working) mums at ds2's primary told me on Monday that she was hoping to finish wrapping her Christmas presents this week :shock: I feel very disorganised at having to admit not even having started to think about buying any yet. It's far too early anyway. Present wrapping should be done late at night, close to Christmas when it's cold enough to need a fire, and accompanied by mulled wine and a CD of Christmas music. I'm definitely not in the mood for that yet!

One thing we did do last year was accidentally come across the Coca Cola Christmas truck - with all the lights, music and fake snow blowers. ds2 loved that. And it was free!