Santa

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Yamin151

Re: Santa

Post by Yamin151 »

JSN wrote:We are Sikhs and love x-mas, diwali,eid and any other festival, any excuse for a jolly old ---- up with family and friends
Oh fab! Love that attitude, and if we weren't stuck (happilly so but just the same) down here in anglo saxon liberal church of england south warwikshire-land, we'd love to be involved in diwali more too! Although, I can happily give up the bloomin fireworks at midnight, drives our dog mad!!!!
Fatnorville

Post by Fatnorville »

Just arrived home with the kids from a visit to see the Diwali lights in Leicester.

A few sweet treats for the kids. A few (more than a few actually hence the name....) warm samosa's for me. It's something we do every year, and its great!
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Oh stop!!!! I love a warm samosa!
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Yamin151 wrote:Oh stop!!!! I love a warm samosa!

I love several. Can't seem to stop at one.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Fatnorville wrote:Just arrived home with the kids from a visit to see the Diwali lights in Leicester.

Ash, Leicester Diwali lights makes me feel very nostalgic for my student days. It was so pretty and happy.

Last year Xmas was spent visiting my dad daily in intensive care in hospital in London; this year we are planning a very peaceful time, with perhaps a little less stress and more appreciation than in previous years.
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Yamin151 wrote:Oh fab! Love that attitude, and if we weren't stuck (happilly so but just the same) down here in anglo saxon liberal church of england south warwikshire-land, we'd love to be involved in diwali more too!
Just up the road in Leamington we are more diverse, with a large and thriving Hindi population (and Sikh and Muslim, come to that!). My kids love diwali - and the ladies at the local temple make the best samosas in the county :)

JD
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Our school did a trip to that huge new mosque that's been built in leamington. Can you believe one or two parents complained?? Outrageous!
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Yamin151 wrote:Our school did a trip to that huge new mosque that's been built in leamington. Can you believe one or two parents complained?? Outrageous!
Nooooooooo! That's terrible. Yamin. The gurdwara is wonderful, and both of mine have been on trips too. It can be seen from all over the area as its up high, and always reminds me of a huge, shining white wedding cake :lol:

JD
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Oh grumpy old so and so' s always complain about something, people complain when ours go out in the fields and get their shoes muddy!

I wanted to take my kids into st Paul's over the summer...did not realise it would bankrupt me! I went with my primary school in Milton Keynes, and twice with family...it seems such a shame I could only take my own kids into the doorway, but had just been wandering round the Tate for free?

I personally love Coventry cathedral more than any other, the complete sense of atmosphere is almost overwhelming, particularly on remembrance day, I went to poly/uni there, so walked through it a lot. It is making my hairs stand on end thinking about it.
Amber

Post by Amber »

southbucks3 wrote:I personally love Coventry cathedral more than any other, the complete sense of atmosphere is almost overwhelming, particularly on remembrance day, I went to poly/uni there, so walked through it a lot. It is making my hairs stand on end thinking about it.
I grew up in Coventry and my school had services in the Cathedral; and I agree with you. I took one of my children recently and it really moved me. The Sutherland tapestry - my Mum always said wherever you are in that building the eyes are looking at you, and it is true - is stunning, and some of the little chapels really do seem to exude some kind of spirituality. I used to go sometimes after school as it was on my way home, and you are right about 'the complete sense of atmosphere'.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now