School Report

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

DC17C

Re: School Report

Post by DC17C »

Glad things worked out for your DD in the end -mm23292 I have to agree the whole 11+ test and appeal process is a difficult thing to go through. Even more so of you have a child who seems so right for a grammar school. It must have taken a lot out of you to go through the whole thing and get turned down. The key thing is that things have worked out well and your DD is happy with the way things are now.

I have also sent you a pm
doodles

Post by doodles »

Well done to all the DC's for surviving the first (half) term and for getting such good results. DS2 seems to be doing OK too and like somebody else has said I put as much store by the effort marks as anything else - if they are trying their hardest and the teachers recognise that what more can they do?

Now a question, you know the target grades 6a, 6b, 7a etc that they are given, is there a link to where I can see what is the expected norm for Yr 7. They didn't use them at our previous school so I've never got to grips with what they should be aiming for in each KStage.

Anyway, well done to all and enjoy a well deserved half term break.
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

doodles wrote:Well done to all the DC's for surviving the first (half) term and for getting such good results. DS2 seems to be doing OK too and like somebody else has said I put as much store by the effort marks as anything else - if they are trying their hardest and the teachers recognise that what more can they do?

Now a question, you know the target grades 6a, 6b, 7a etc that they are given, is there a link to where I can see what is the expected norm for Yr 7. They didn't use them at our previous school so I've never got to grips with what they should be aiming for in each KStage.
Anyway, well done to all and enjoy a well deserved half term break.
I found this:
http://www.qegs.co.uk/files/NationalCur ... eb2012.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now