Educating Yorkshire - Musharaf

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Amber

Re: Educating Yorkshire - Musharaf

Post by Amber »

Well as a non-TV watcher I have just had my faith restored in TV. We all sat captivated and several of us ended up in tears. What a fabulous lad, and what a great teacher too. Force your kids to see this! The perfect antidote to self-seeking 'celebrities' - this chap has more class, more guts and more to be proud of than the lot of them.
2childmum

Post by 2childmum »

I too thought it was great. But I did think there was something very wrong with an exam system that makes someone with such a disability do a speaking exam without seeming to take into account that disability and making adjustments for him. Although now, of course, the speaking component wouldn't count towards his GCSE anyway!
neveragain*

Post by neveragain* »

We, too, watched together and sobbed. Fantastic TV, and a brave young man. :D
countrymum

Post by countrymum »

Oh my goodness what an uplifting inspiring series Educating Yorkshire was! I was definately teary last night, what a lad! The episode with Mr. Steer was just awe inspiring too. In fact I bet those wonderful teaching staff probably encourage and motivate those pupils day in day out, and it wasn't just for the cameras. I hope the series wins some decent awards - especially with other tripe on television these days.

The head teacher explaining that all he wanted was his pupils to finish as decent and happy human beings - well that says it all! Great great programe, Thornhill Academy you should be very proud! For the record I'd happily send my children there.

http://www.theguardian.com/education/20 ... ty-academy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KS10

Post by KS10 »

I love the accent! Sounds more charming even when they're swearing.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

That's cuz we is charming :lol: :lol:
Iceskatingtracing

Post by Iceskatingtracing »

"Did you stamp on his head?" "Um I dunno, I might have"
My favourite quote from a fantastic, uplifting series. It's teachers like those who should be making decisions about education in this country. It's not all about Ofsted and league tables. Sad to see it come to an end. :(
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

"Do you like my eyebrows? I shaved them all off " :lol: :lol:

I still love (from Educating Essex). "What's pi, where did it come from"? All said with the right accent of course.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

It's why I prefer Emmerdale and Corrie and can't bear Eastenders - humour and accent.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now