Is This UniqueTo Me ?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
KS10

Re: Is This UniqueTo Me ?

Post by KS10 »

:lol:
PROBSNAIVE, I think I'm on someone's 'watch out - she's dodgy!' list. Apologies, Tagore, for hijacking your thread.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

KS10 wrote:If you look at my profile, it looks like I'm on permanently as the last visited[/i ] bit has a dash next to it. I was wondering if could be because I now use my phone more frequently to access this site. I never used to with my old phone because it was too slow. I would have to log in once in a while before but as I said it's fairly frequent now when I'm on my laptop.

I'm not sure why the site would be asking you to log in more frequently, but the "dash" on your Profile next to the last login date indicates that you have chosen to be invisible when online. It means that you won't show up in the usernames listed at the bottom of the forum for "Who is online". Instead you will be counted as one of the "hidden users", given only as a number.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

Oh yes, I forgot - that's so that my status is hidden. But I've definitely ticked the other boxes too so I guess it's still puzzling.
PROBSNAIVE

Post by PROBSNAIVE »

I have the link saved as a bookmark on my iphone and as a favourite on the laptop, :oops: but never get asked to log in on either. maybe it is unique to you KS10..
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

Could it be that your browser is set to clear cookies automatically? Does this happen on other sites too if you have other sites which also require a login?

How to checking if your browser is automatically clearing cookies:

Internet Explorer
1.Click Tools | Internet Options.
2.Select the General tab.
3.Under "Browsing History," uncheck the checkbox for Delete browsing history on exit.
4.Click OK to close the "Internet Options" window.
5.Close and restart your browser.

Chrome
1.Click the Tools icon Three horizontal bars | Settings.
2.Click Show advanced settings.
3.In "Privacy," click Content settings.
4.Under "Cookies," verify that the checkbox is unchecked for Keep local data only until I quit my browser.
5.When you're done, click Done.
6.Close and restart your browser.

Firefox
1.Choose the menu option for your computer:
•PC: Select Tools | Options.
•Mac: Select Firefox | Preferences.

2.Select the Privacy tab.
3.Under "History":
•If it is set to "Use custom settings for history," uncheck the checkbox for Clear history when Firefox closes.

4.Click OK.
5.Close and restart your browser.

Safari
Currently, Safari does not support clearing your history when you exit. Here's how to check Safari for extensions that might be automatically clearing cookies:
1.Choose the menu option for your computer:
•Mac: Click Safari (Safari Gear Icon gear icon in newer versions) | Preferences.
•PC: Click Edit or Tools (Safari Gear Icon gear icon in newer versions) | Preferences.

2.Select the Extensions tab.
•All installed extensions will display. Click an extension to see details about what it does.
•If you need help with an extension, please contact the developer of that extension.

3.Close the "Preferences" window.
4.If you made any changes to extensions, close and restart your browser.
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

Or the simple answer - are you actually logging out, rather than just closing the browser? That would have the same effect.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

Definitely not logging out, but I will read your first post in more detail, Okanagan, and try what you suggest. Thanks.
hopefulmum2

Post by hopefulmum2 »

I have the same thing. I often get asked to log in even though I have ticked the link me in automatically box but it sometimes unticks itself. Now you mention it it does seem to occur more often recently. Just a quirk? Could be something to do with cookies but would that mean it happens all the time?