Dentist help needed!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Amber

Re: Dentist help needed!

Post by Amber »

JSN wrote:
Amber wrote:OH uses the 'wand' which numbs painlessly,only numbs the tooth and doesn't leave you drooling and biting your tongue for several hours afterwards.
AKA The Tooth Fairy :?:
Yeah jokes about his wand and what he does with it still cause our kids amusement; and I avoided last night making any reference to its usefulness or otherwise during 3 Caesarian sections. They did have a pink day at work recently in aid of breast cancer charities, but happily he left his fairy outfit at home.
talea51

Post by talea51 »

neveragain* wrote:She has harnessed her quite considerable powers of lateral thinking and managed to get back to UK and is now surprisingly on the same night bus back to Gloucester from Heathrow as she would have been if she'd arrived in Gatwick 4 hours ago.......I'm sure she will learn from this - mainly to pay for roaming charges in future so she can google alternative trains etc if one gets cancelled and not end up in Hamburg rather than Dussledorf, and also not to land flat on your face when pushed - use your arms to protect face ( you'd think it'd be instinctive surely? But although M may be 'academic' as we know she ain't the most 'normal' of young women!)

Anyway I'm just dying to see her and give her a big hug to calm all those surging stress hormones that she must have had driving around her system in past 24 hours.... :D
Well done to your dd for her use of lateral thinking! She must be quite stressed, I really feel for her and for you. Let us know when she is safely back!
doodles

Post by doodles »

Having decided to stick my head in a bucket I think the problem may have solved itself, in that I now have no choice but to go to the dentist and get things sorted :( Half of the back of the tooth has just sheared off so I now have a back tooth with a front, a filling and half of a back to it :cry: :cry: :cry: and I am sitting here holding a very odd shaped piece of tooth.

Hey ho, off to make a phone call.
neveragain*

Post by neveragain* »

Well, my Dd has returned and I'm glad to say that chip, whilst big, is not on a front tooth but the one next to them and has been 'filed down a little' til it is reconstructed on Wednesday. The pain has stopped unless she directly touches it....and she is finally hoe safely and worked all day to boot! Bless her little vampire like incisors!

Also, very happily, the large drunken but charming Swiss boy has offered to pay some money towards the work - which we have accepted some of. I'm very pleased to see there are lovely, responsible caring young men out there! My DD was really taken aback by his offer.

Now she is working out how to pay us back her flight fare..... :roll:

Doodles......poor you.....keep us updated, and thanks again everyone for help! :D
talea51

Post by talea51 »

neveragain* wrote:Well, my Dd has returned and I'm glad to say that chip, whilst big, is not on a front tooth but the one next to them and has been 'filed down a little' til it is reconstructed on Wednesday. The pain has stopped unless she directly touches it....and she is finally hoe safely and worked all day to boot! Bless her little vampire like incisors!

Also, very happily, the large drunken but charming Swiss boy has offered to pay some money towards the work - which we have accepted some of. I'm very pleased to see there are lovely, responsible caring young men out there! My DD was really taken aback by his offer.

Now she is working out how to pay us back her flight fare..... :roll:

Doodles......poor you.....keep us updated, and thanks again everyone for help! :D
That was a very decent thing of him to do. I am glad that things are better for your dd than you initially thought and thankfully it isn't too long for your dd to wait until the tooth is reconstructed.

It must be nice to have her home safe and relatively sound! :)
doodles

Post by doodles »

Finally managed to screw up the courage and today I've been and had my tooth sorted by the most wonderful dentist, he was so understanding of my petrifying fear, and now all my chompers are in full working order.
Warks mum

Post by Warks mum »

Well done doodles! :D

When my mother (then well into her 60s) broken her arm in France and had it put in plaster she received a certificate - in French - saying what a brave girl she'd been... I reckon you definitely deserve something similar. Perhaps EPE should start up a recognition system for its members?!