Sending a child to school when they look ill ...

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mystery

Re: Sending a child to school when they look ill ...

Post by mystery »

ginx wrote:Another day, dd2 unwell again. I'm becoming very suspicious.

Dd2's teacher rang to say dd2 was complaining again of tummy ache. Dh answered the phone as I was watching a nativity play with my phone switched off.

Dh forgot to tell me until 10 minutes before she was due to come home. So she made it through the last two hours.

She does not look as bad as she did last week, just tired - she went to a pantomime with school last night - so I've told her - early night and school tomorrow unless she is very very ill. I've asked again, is she happy, is the work too hard, is anyone being horrid to her, she says she is happy, her friends are lovely, work is fine. What more can I do?

Roll on Friday. I think she is just exhausted. Early night every night until she breaks up.

I hope I'm not tempting fate and don't now get a phone call tomorrow, asking me to go and pick her up. Anyone else got a dc who is just exhausted?
There would be no harm in taking urine sample to g.p.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Anyone else got a dc who is just exhausted?
They all seem to be, to be honest. Especially the little ones.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

My DD is shattered.
Late night last night because it was the Christmas Concert at school and she was singing in it.
Today has been a day of dancing for the inter form dance competition tomorrow. We almost had tears tonight because she was so tired when she got home.

At least she had no lessons today, so no homework to deal with.
Amber

Post by Amber »

yoyo123 wrote:
Anyone else got a dc who is just exhausted?
They all seem to be, to be honest. Especially the little ones.
And the big ones. My oldest (17) and youngest (12) are totally shattered and just about hanging on until Friday.
copella

Post by copella »

Here too, both looking baggy eyed. Doesn't help with the dark mornings. Don't know how kids with one hour plus journeys do it. Mine are at fairly local schools, one bus and door to door 40 mins, still I have to push them out the door. Can't wait till Thursday when both ours break up :D
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Teachers are looking a bit peaky too!
ginx

Post by ginx »

Dd2 has taken herself to bed early, looking grey.

She can have a lift to school tomorrow, but she is going, unless she is sick or has a high temperature. She can always have a paracetamol.

Mystery, we saw the gp on Friday, he said she was fine but you're right, wouldn't hurt to take a sample. She says everything is fine. I hope she makes it through the day - offered to send a note keeping her off PE but she refused. Too embarrassing not to do PE.

Watch this space ... if it disappears you'll all know (are you really interested in littleginx?) that she's gone to school and made it through the day. Fingers crossed.
copella

Post by copella »

She could just have a low level bug that she is struggling to shake off. Hopefully with a bit of rest over the holidays she will pick up and get mire energy.
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

Poor Little Ginx - hope she feels better soon and the break sorts things out.

DS is knackered too. He's a bit hormonal also which doesn't help :roll:
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Whenever ds1 gets run down, or has lots of tests, or a simple cold, he gets tonsilitus! Docs don't want yo whip them out until he is 15, as it is often stress triggered he may grow out of it....He won't...but I hate the thought of an op on my baby, so he can decide st 15, or the level of historic scarring will decide for us.

He has just left for school sounding like a geriatric Darth Vader....as the above three has combined forces this last two weeks. :( He has smints in his pocket to deal with the inevitable halitosis, and an order to see matron if he cannot cope, and to get out of games! He wanted to go in because the history teacher has promised them a fun session today as a reward for finishing the terms work early.

His dad put crisps in his lunch bag...men display such high levels of sympathy don't they. :roll:

Dh just pointed out that this half term is 7 weeks long, and the next half term is 5 weeks long...no wonder they are tired.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now