London Christmas Lights

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
doodles

Re: London Christmas Lights

Post by doodles »

No tinsel here either, real tree, all white lights and all silver baubles. Have lights outdoors but all white and STATIC can't stand anything that "chases"! Cream candles are a must and cards are not hung around the room!

Funny how every family does the same thing differently.
talea51

Post by talea51 »

We have very pretty little white led lights (solar powered) in the two little trees outside our house. They are on a setting called "slow glow" so they slowly fade in and out. I love them. I like twinkly white lights too but am not a fan of the fast, flashing, chasing light type things. *shudder*

Being German, we don't put any decorations up around the house until 24th December. We have an advent wreath on the dining room table with the 4 advent candles, that's it until 24th.

This is the third year in a row that we've had our little white led (did I mention that they are solar powered?) lights on the trees outside and this year I was gratified to see three of my immediate neighbours following suit with small tasteful white lights in their outside trees! I feel like a trendsetter! :lol: :lol:

Oh, and before someone asks how the lights are powered at this time of year, I will have to confess that we need to charge the solar batteries once a week as there just isn't enough lux around at this time of year.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

We do not put the tree up until 24th either...it is quite exciting, we also shut it on the wood burner once it has dried. The tree is full of tat, decorated by the kids, they have chosen a new decoration each year, plus all their pre-school, and infant school bits and Bob's, like loo roll Santas and hamma bead snow flakes. They make paper chains, and snow flakes, and we have various naf ornaments dotted around.

My secret is the posh room has one poinsettia, and some mulberry red candles on the flagstone hearth. That is it...I can escape Christmas, and all its nonsense at the turn of a door handle. :wink:
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

"...don't mind a bit of mistletoe in the right context...".

Amber - you are showing us your flirtatious side. Who did you have in mind? Johnny Depp, Colin Firth, Harry Styles ... !
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Michael Gove, Boris Johnson? :twisted: :lol: :twisted:

Tasteful German style Christmas decorations:

http://clikhear.palmbeachpost.com/wp-co ... rees19.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Amber

Post by Amber »

pheasantchick wrote:"...don't mind a bit of mistletoe in the right context...".

Amber - you are showing us your flirtatious side. Who did you have in mind? Johnny Depp, Colin Firth, Harry Styles ... !
Well you know what - I was out at lunchtime and had a glass of champagne and after that I went shopping and a rather nice Italian man I know saw me and told me I looked beautiful. And I said he had never said that before and he said 'You look different' and I told him I had had champagne and he said 'oh there is something about women and champagne...'. He didn't kiss me (no mistletoe) but I did have a skip in my step for the rest of the afternoon.

So there you go - if you want to look beautiful, drink champagne. :wink:

I think I can aim a little higher than that thanks, SB3. I wonder what you think I look like?!
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

So there you go - if you want to look beautiful, drink champagne.
Oh, OK then :D
scary mum
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Washhhhh thatt youshhhh shhhaidddd.....? I mussshhhtt be schttttunnninnggg.....
Proud_Dad

Post by Proud_Dad »

Amber wrote:Well you know what - I was out at lunchtime and had a glass of champagne and after that I went shopping and a rather nice Italian man I know saw me and told me I looked beautiful. And I said he had never said that before and he said 'You look different' and I told him I had had champagne and he said 'oh there is something about women and champagne...'. He didn't kiss me (no mistletoe) but I did have a skip in my step for the rest of the afternoon.
Maybe in your drunken stupor you'd accidentally left a couple of buttons undone on your blouse?... :mrgreen:
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Normally with alcohol my husband says it works the other way...as in beer goggles, or even more charmingly "an eleven o'clocker!

I can honestly say if I drink champagne I just go red and blotchy, but it is really lovely to be told you look beautiful...good for you Amber, enjoy your moment. :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now