Go to navigation
It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:36 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:56 am 

Hi
not sure if anyone else gets this, but quite often I'll write a lengthy message, click on submit and be asked to login, and loose my message.

Ok if I remember, I can click back, and the message is still there, and I can select and copy it, and then paste it after I have logged in, although occasionally that hasn't worked.

Its only started happening recently, so I'm not sure if something has changed this end, or that end.

Steve

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:48 pm 

It happens to me, too (is someone reading the messages as we type, and deciding which ones they would rather not have submitted??).

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:41 pm 

ToadMum wrote:
It happens to me, too (is someone reading the messages as we type, and deciding which ones they would rather not have submitted??).

LOL! :lol:

No - honest!

Will ask programmer to have a look at this thread

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:13 am 

This is happens quite rarely. Most likely blame is the browser that is being used.

SteveDH & ToadMum is it possible for you to tell me what browser you use and any other software such as anti-virus that clears browser cookies regularly?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:15 am 

I suspect it happens when out if pure coincidence two posters submit a message at exactly the same time to the same thread. One super cedes the other.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:34 am 

Hi sbarnes,

These messages are processed as a queue, so it is unlikely that is the reason. Also in such situations, when there are new posts since you started typing yours, forum will inform you and ask for a confirmation before it processes yours.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:38 am 

It happens to me quite often on my phone (an iphone - though Chrome), and always has done.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:41 am 

Also, another reason could be that your ISP is connecting you to Internet using different IP addresses every time you open a link or submit a form. This could possibly trigger the security mechanism in forum and logs you out.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:46 am 

A way to tell if your IP address keeps changing is by googling "IP" and it should tell your public IP address. See if this remains constant.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:59 am 

programmer wrote:
Also, another reason could be that your ISP is connecting you to Internet using different IP addresses every time you open a link or submit a form. This could possibly trigger the security mechanism in forum and logs you out.

hmm could be, I have a dual wan.

some more info.
If I look in the top left corner it has the 'Logout [SteveDH]' visible.
this happens both when trying to post after being automatically logged in, and after explicitly login in.
I'm going to check the wan thing, I've now locked it to a single ip to see what happens.