Help with iPad please

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Snowdrops

Help with iPad please

Post by Snowdrops »

Is there such a thing as an adblocker for iPad?

I googled it and it says you need Safari (which I thought iPads ran off), but couldn't find where to download it from.

I then found an app called adblocker (specifically for ipads/phones) downloaded that but it doesn't seem to be doing anything (it's supposed to be free for the first month, it's not encouraging me to buy it so far).

So, anyone know where/how I can get the real/proper Adblocker that actually works. (And would you kindly post a link), or am I barking up the wrong tree?
Snowdrops

Re: Help with iPad please

Post by Snowdrops »

S'kay, I understand it now, the app is actually a new browser and you go in through that. I was hoping it was an add on to Safari browser, but it's not.
lefol

Post by lefol »

If you go into settings and then click on safari, there is the option to block pop up and to restrict cookies to sites visited. I always click ' block pop ups ' and I equally restrict cookies .
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Ah, thank you lefol, I didn't know that, but upon checking it seems I was already set up as you describe. It's the ads that I'm trying to block though and there doesn't seem to be anything to do this, apart from an entirely new browser and I don't think I can be bothered with that - which just goes to show the ads can't be annoying me that much!
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I tend to use Chrome - don't know if that would help?
scary mum
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Umm, dunno, is Chrome suitable for iPads? I'm a complete dunce where Apple is concerned, I've just got my first iPod (DD's old one :roll: ) and I'm just getting to grips with that. If it was Windows based it wouldn't be a problem, but Apple :shock: :lol:
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Yes, I use Chrome on my ipad & my iphone.
scary mum
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Ah, OK, thanks. I shall go and suss that out.