What are you listening to?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
stroudydad

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by stroudydad »

How lucky you guys are, all I'm getting at home is "partita for band-postcards from home" I will be a lot happier next Sunday.
TigerMum

Post by TigerMum »

Fatnorville wrote:
TigerMum wrote: This evening we've all been listening to the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy,
I trust you were listening to the R4 adaptation?
Of course :) We also love the BBC radio adaptation of Lord of the Rings.
marigold

Post by marigold »

It's Sunday morning, The Archers of course.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Currently...the tink, tink, tink of an annoying metal clasp hitting the tumble drier and the gunfire from some playstation game...justified as ds1 played in a rugby tournament all day yesterday, is tired, battered and bruised and "is studying WW1 at school so it is sort of research".... :?
Amber

Post by Amber »

Clock ticking, wind howling, cat swearing at me. Conscience telling me to get off this site and do some work.

Music would have to be Genesis, Dire Straits or anything else with killer chord changes. 3 most-played iPod songs at the moment are IGY (Donald Fagan), Mykonos (Fleet Foxes) and Ride On (Christy Moore) but next week it will be something else.

Most-played albums are Nabucco, Brothers in Arms and the marvellous A Trick of the Tail.

I think that is eclectic too, but I can't listen to anything made after about 1990 for more than 5 minutes. Except maybe Tom Odell. Even my teenagers are coming to the view that the old stuff is the best - one has just bought A Day at the Races on a well-known trading site.
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

kenyancowgirl wrote:Currently...the tink, tink, tink of an annoying metal clasp hitting the tumble drier and the gunfire from some playstation game...
I can relate to that, plus Terry Wogan for me whilst preparing a Sunday roast :D

JD
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

I have an ear worm continually singing the carpenters "close to you" because they had it on loop at the supermarket and ds3 kept singing in the car, so now I am inflicted. I have tried listening to many other songs over the week, but the ear worm wins. :( I particularly detest the chorus:

On the day that you were born the angels got together
And decided to create a dream come true
So they sprinkled moon dust in your hair of gold,
And starlight in your eyes of blue

I mean really!...this song is supposed to be about a man too, barf barf barf.

So you can see how I am at the point of pouring bleach in my earholes.
Last edited by southbucks3 on Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

So romantic ... unlike the song DD and I are addicted to: Every day I love you less and less :lol:
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Amber wrote:Clock ticking, wind howling, cat swearing at me. Conscience telling me to get off this site and do some work.

Music would have to be Genesis, Dire Straits or anything else with killer chord changes. 3 most-played iPod songs at the moment are IGY (Donald Fagan), Mykonos (Fleet Foxes) and Ride On (Christy Moore) but next week it will be something else.

Most-played albums are Nabucco, Brothers in Arms and the marvellous A Trick of the Tail.

I think that is eclectic too, but I can't listen to anything made after about 1990 for more than 5 minutes. Except maybe Tom Odell. Even my teenagers are coming to the view that the old stuff is the best - one has just bought A Day at the Races on a well-known trading site.

Brothers in arms is a great album though
doodles

Post by doodles »

Anything by Dire Straits is great in my book.

Telegraph Road......aaaaagggggghhhhh..........
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now