JamesDean

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by JamesDean »

League cup final - Ha'way The Lads :D

JD
Amber

Post by Amber »

doodles wrote:Anything by Dire Straits is great in my book.

Telegraph Road......aaaaagggggghhhhh..........
Love over Gold. 8)

OH took DS2 to the North East last week and they walked from Cullercoats to Whitley Bay (and a bit more). And saw the Spanish City (opposite which I did my final teaching practice). Dire Straits and Mum's history in a practical lesson for a 12 year old.

Listening to 'Many too Many' now...now there's a love song. :cry:
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Dire Straits and Mum's history in a practical lesson for a 12 year old.
Poor little bloke, if you start singing along now too it could push him over the edge!

I am a brit pop junkie, which is great for me at the moment because all the little cheapy music festivals manage to resurrect some accountant from Oxford for the weekend to play me my favourite tunes and give me a cuddle/ photo. This would never have happened in their hey day, so I can recapture my youth with brass knobs on. :D plus I can pop home for a shower and a nice hot drink in the mornings, as the festivals are nearly all local. Plus we can take the kids now, and the musicians normally have their own kids in the crowd too. So completely uncool, nothing beats forcing your 13 year old to dance in a muddy field with his parents.
Amber

Post by Amber »

southbucks3 wrote:
Dire Straits and Mum's history in a practical lesson for a 12 year old.
Poor little bloke, if you start singing along now too it could push him over the edge!.
He had a blast! For one as well-travelled as he is, texts saying things like 'this is the best Chinese I have ever tasted...' and photos buzzing with excitement at the lights on the quayside showed that like the rest of the family, he's in love with Newcastle. My job as a parent is done!

But you have a point about the singing along.
Fatnorville

Post by Fatnorville »

I don't know if envious is the word, but it is the word I will use. I am envious of everyone who listens to R4 all day. I feel I need to be a part of that society. I feel I am less well informed, and missing out on something if I don't listen to R4. But I have really tried, but I just don't get it.

For me it is Planet Rock all day*, unless Mrs Norville is within earshot when I might put on Absolute 80s / 90's.

*Unless Test Match Special is on in which case TMS gets priority**

** Unless Blowers is commentating in which case I will do the hoovering.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

If I were Mrs norville and you hoovered I would let you listen to planet rock all day....gosh I would even let you listen to dire straits :wink: I would just plug myself into my 90's angst music and sit on my clean floors!

Dh loves catching woman's hour on radio 4 when he is driving around between sites, he often arrives on site and discusses the topic of the day with the other 'erberts who have it on their radios. Something about construction, brings out their feminine side?
Rob Clark

Post by Rob Clark »

I'm a rock boy, too, fatnorville.

But the best thing is going to live music with DS, which we have done on several occasions in the past year. Seem to discover far more about what is going on in his life on the way to and from concerts than at any other time :lol:
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Have ipad on shuffle and have just had
Dido
James Blunt
Barenaked ladies
One republic
Civil twilight
Rem
Crowded house

I swear my old iPod must have had an empathy chip as it always played exactly the music I needed at any given time when I put it on shuffle. iPad not so much.
doodles

Post by doodles »

DIRE STRAITS that's all I have to say :lol:

That and I love R4 but hate Woman's Hour :? :?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Now listening to DD learning to play the New World Symphony on the piano. Probably followed by the blue Danube and the Skaters Waltz.

DD is not interested in modern music, she is more into Tchaikovsky.

And I do like Dire straits too.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now