Wide fitting shoes / trainers /sandals

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

doodles

Re: Wide fitting shoes / trainers /sandals

Post by doodles »

We all have super wide feet here and birkenstocks are a god send, properly adjustable, wide fitting as well as standard fitting, children's sizes and pretty too. Try online at Schoo as they are sometimes cheaper too.

I do sympathise as all if us are a minimum H fitting and I would love slim pretty feet! DS1 gets very fed up, very wide and size 13 now so it's what fits rather than trendy - hard when you are 15.
um

Re: Wide fitting shoes / trainers /sandals

Post by um »

When dc5 was younger, his feet were not only extremely wide but he also had a high foot too (can't explain this but his feet were very podgy in both directions lol).
He wore no baby shoes at all - only socks and large booties I'm afraid, and when he began to walk, it happened all of a sudden at 10 months and we then had to rush to Clarks for shoes.
They said that because he was wider than an H and his foot was so 'high' they would have to order a special pair for him. This took 4 weeks during which time I am afraid he walked around - and ran around the park - in nothing but slipper socks! Even sandals would not fit! Have you asked Clarks if they can provide this service for you? Or is it just for baby shoes perhaps?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now