Please, if you haven't already...

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Amber

Please, if you haven't already...

Post by Amber »

Some things are worth swallowing one's pride for, and in my view, this one is.

Stephen may have only days to live now and is so tantalisingly close to reaching £3 million in donations for the Teenage Cancer Trust. It would be brilliant for him to see that figure after he has done so much.

http://www.justgiving.com/stephen-sutton-tct" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks,
Amber x
kenyancowgirl

Re: Please, if you haven't already...

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Welcome back - and what a fantastic reason to come back! Stephen is a very good friend of a very good friend of mine so this has been an extremely emotional week for her. The Teenage Cancer Trust do such stirling work that it would be fantastic for Stephen to be able to leave a legacy so much larger than he ever imagined. xx
semb

Post by semb »

I agree wholeheartedly. My sis has had a lot of contact with the Teenage Cancer Trust and has been really impressed by the work they do. Stephen's attitude to his situation can only be described as inspirational.
Moonlight

Post by Moonlight »

I have followed Stephen's amazing courage and determination over the last few days and it is fantastic that his JustGiving page has now raised over £3,000,000.

This is the second time that my family has supported the Teenage Cancer Trust, the first being for Tom Bowdidge who sadly passed away last October aged 19 from this dreadful disease. His family, friends and supporters have campaigned effortlessly to also raise funds for the Trust.

There are some very kind and generous people in this world.
butterfly36

Post by butterfly36 »

Amber - done ! :-) really glad you posted that - fab idea.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

We did it after a Facebook link, but I am now putting my head very firmly back in the sand...far to horrific for me, I need to hug my boys too much as it is!
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

Thanks for posting that Amber (and nice to have you here) - had seen things about this but not read them before (another with her head in the sand) what an inspiration!
copella

Post by copella »

Great to have you back Amber. I have been following him on twitter and have donated, such an inspirational and desperately sad story.
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Thanks Amber x
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Good to remind us.
And great to have you back.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now