Bollywood 40th!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
modernista

Re: Bollywood 40th!

Post by modernista »

If you just want it for a one-off, I would go to a charity shop in an asian area like slough- obviously find one near you. Or else, borrow! These outfits are often worn only once and friends may be happy to lend.

Or else think outside the box. A sequined clubbing type top with a full length skirt and a diaphanous long scarf is very bollywood.
Azure

Post by Azure »

Thanks everyone for your replies. We are in East Kent. I've found a shop on an industrial estate near us, but it's very expensive. Certainly not £4!

Thanks for the web address Probsnaive. Have you tried them before? They have some beautiful stuff. Are they ok about ordering a couple of things and returning one , do you know?

Thanks Modernista: your ideas are excellent and probably what I will end up doing if I can't find something soon. I love dressing up so want to 'go to town' if I can!
MamaBear

Post by MamaBear »

My geography is a bit hazy but I think you are close to Ilford and Whitechapel, both of which have Indian shops, you can pick up some imitation jewellery to match too!
PROBSNAIVE

Post by PROBSNAIVE »

Hello - yes i've ordered quite a few times from the website without any problems- but I've never returned anything. You can return within 12 days but I think you need to pay for the cost of posting back :-( or take to their store in Luton. There should be details on the website.