Creaks and Groans!!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
doodles

Creaks and Groans!!

Post by doodles »

I do hope somebody can help me with this one.

Has anybody experienced really painful (slightly swollen) joints and I mean every joint in the body at once? I suffer from this on a fairly regular basis but it comes and goes, I am pretty sure it's not arthritis / rheumatism or hormonal, but what? Could it be something I'm eating or coming into contact with? I really don't want to trot off to the GP and say "I ache".

Any ideas?
Peridot

Re: Creaks and Groans!!

Post by Peridot »

I haven't, doodles, but that sounds to me like something you should get a medical person to check out. We luckily have a brilliant independent pharmacy near us who give excellent medical advice including whether or not one needs to get to a doctor; do you have anyone similar you could ask? Speaking as someone with friends and relatives suffering from rheumatoid arthritis I'd definitely say do something about it. Px
Tinkers

Re: Creaks and Groans!!

Post by Tinkers »

I have had it as part of ME, and still get it from time to time, when my body is below par. (Tired, viral infections etc).
Doctors can test for inflammatory and immune type things to see of there's anything like that causing it.
If it's every joint then it's not likely to be the joint itself that's the problem, but some other underlying reason. Best to get checked out.