Camping in the rain

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
southbucks3

Re: Camping in the rain

Post by southbucks3 »

Kitty mum, kcg and yamin travelling to a campsite an hour or two up the motorway for a weekend "relaxation" :

http://wheeltowheel.blogspot.co.uk/2012 ... rvice.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

This is mine and dh' s fantasy camp. By the time we can afford to buy the conversion for the landy we will be too old to climb the ladder!

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/origi ... fb0d25.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

southbucks3 wrote:
what are your 'must haves'?
Alcohol...then everything else on the list becomes incidental...I even manage with a karinat!

Best thing for kids is scooters on big sites, they absolutely love whizzing around the road and path networks in near perfect safety. (Mum may occasionally be tempted too :oops: )
We don't really drink very much unfortunately!
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

southbucks3 wrote:Kitty mum, kcg and yamin travelling to a campsite an hour or two up the motorway for a weekend "relaxation" :

http://wheeltowheel.blogspot.co.uk/2012 ... rvice.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This might well also be us - particularly with me trying to make it 'nice' for the other two! :lol:
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

In that case, a blooming good sense of humour and the tolerance of Ghandi and you may, just about, survive and have a good time too.

Earplugs and a sleep potion or spray too.

Don't forget cozy pillows and don't spend all weekend pandering the other two, it is your holiday too, all hands on deck.
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

southbucks3 wrote:In that case, a blooming good sense of humour and the tolerance of Ghandi and you may, just about, survive and have a good time too.

Earplugs and a sleep potion or spray too.

Don't forget cozy pillows and don't spend all weekend pandering the other two, it is your holiday too, all hands on deck.
We all love to giggle so I'm sure that once set up we will all be fine....they're pretty good at getting stuck in thankfully!

Pillows and earplugs - added to the list :)
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Brum Mum wrote:
southbucks3 wrote:
what are your 'must haves'?
Alcohol...then everything else on the list becomes incidental...I even manage with a karinat!

Best thing for kids is scooters on big sites, they absolutely love whizzing around the road and path networks in near perfect safety. (Mum may occasionally be tempted too :oops: )
We don't really drink very much unfortunately!

....Don't worry...if there is one thing that is sure to make you start, it's camping.... :wink:
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

kenyancowgirl wrote: ....Don't worry...if there is one thing that is sure to make you start, it's camping.... :wink:
Alcohol definitely helps! Prosecco and Gin - not necessarily together ... Oh and a china mug to drink tea out of!
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

...what is a karinat? :oops:
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Brum Mum wrote:...what is a karinat? :oops:
A typing error!! Still can't see v well!

Karimat....it a kipmat made of lightweight foam, made by karimor orininally, so gets its brand name, a bit like Hoover is the brand name for vacuum cleaner. Best known for being the equivalent of sleeping on a thick towel but more slidey offy. Supposed to be practical, lightweight, thermally insulating, easily rolled up and hung off the bottom of your rucksack when hike camping. I really don't know why I persist with them, they are awful.

When we camp locally or on school camp outs, so use both cars, I borrow the mattress off the sofa bed and have a blissful sleep. Dh gets v v embarrassed, thinks I have a tendency towards the itinerant!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now