So so dull!! But......keeping shirts white!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
southbucks3

Re: So so dull!! But......keeping shirts white!

Post by southbucks3 »

Late MIL. Could have kept hyacinth bucket in one liners bless her, the all time best being, "that's a dog's name" when we told her our first baby boys proposed name. Generally it was things like polishing the water marks off her cutlery, with a cotton handkerchief though, so as not to soil the disposable napkins as they could be re-used. The most over used phrase was, "is it hone made".....Marks and Spencer's became my secret plot, until I found an old photo of MIL with baby dh and an uncleared breakfast table that showed clearly a pot of chivers marmalade in use. :lol: From that moment after I simply rebelled!
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Good grief, what a sort she was! I don't care what our children call their children, even if it's Hepsibar, the first reaction should always be "lovely!", and anyway, within 10 minutes you cannot imagine the little Churchill being called anything else! A good reason for never sharing baby names pre birth I guess!
Although I suspect you are used to a few raised eyebrows when you introduce little Rover Southbucks. :wink:
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

She had her good points too. :D

She has definitely provided me with lots of lines for my daily mil housekeeping nag app though. :lol:

Today's nag...."dust collects on the top of doors, you can use a wet cloth to clean them"

(Yep....it actually is an area of concern to some)
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Umm...fortunately, I bred mine to be just under door height. Not an issue for us shorties...
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

southbucks3 wrote:She had her good points too. :D

She has definitely provided me with lots of lines for my daily mil housekeeping nag app though. :lol:

Today's nag...."dust collects on the top of doors, you can use a wet cloth to clean them"

(Yep....it actually is an area of concern to some)
Wet cloth?? Vacuum cleaner - we have cylinder one in case anyone is boggling too much at this point :lol: - with upholstery brush thingy does the dusting in our house, although not too often... It's also a good idea to turn the suction down a bit, though, if you forget to move anything smaller than the diameter of the attachment out of the way first.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Yamin151 wrote:
yoyo123 wrote:I must point out that was my previous MIL.
As opposed tot he "current" one. Who do you think you are, Joan Collins??!! Just kidding, but just looks funny, like you expect a whole line of them. Terry woman always refers to "the current mrs wogan!" :lol:
First of my many husbands (ok, just the 2!)

Second (lovely) MIL sadly died a long while back, but she was definitely an antidote to the first evil witch!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now