Bags (again sorry!) with padded laptop section

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
kittymum

Bags (again sorry!) with padded laptop section

Post by kittymum »

Hi

Ds has to take a google Chromebook to school every day from Sept :roll: so I'm after a bag which

A) he considers cool
B) has well padded laptop section
C) has enough room to fit everything else in
D) won't completely bankrupt me

Does such a thing exist? He keeps muttering about Vans (spot the fashion victim) - has anyone any experience of the Vans Van Doren II Backpack? Is the padding ok? Do they last?

Thank you :D
pheasantchick

Re: Bags (again sorry!) with padded laptop section

Post by pheasantchick »

I'm not sure if it's 'cool, but Mountain Warehouse do rucksacks with laptop compartments.
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Don't know if it will last yet, but Thing 1 needs a wheeled case for his school and we got this

http://targus.com/uk/b2b/productdetail. ... ketid=3553" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I know you don't want wheeled but they do lots of backpacks too, I thought it looked quite cool (although what do I know!?), seems a well known, worldwide professional name and was £41, not too bad for a roller I thought.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

DD carries a laptop into school, they tend to use normal bags as the school laptops arrived with some fairly solid cases of their own.

Just thinking back to school and the treatment that our bags got on the bus and being slung along the parquet floors in the classroom it was probably a good job we didn't have any laptops!
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

hermanmunster wrote:DD carries a laptop into school, they tend to use normal bags as the school laptops arrived with some fairly solid cases of their own.

Just thinking back to school and the treatment that our bags got on the bus and being slung along the parquet floors in the classroom it was probably a good job we didn't have any laptops!

Ooh, parquet floors? THeres posh!

We went to view Bryanston School last week, not with a view to sending either boy there (£33,000 a year anyone???!), but because my dad is a (very) old boy. All I could see in this huge and gorgeous edifice was the parquet floors, and how much fun they'd be for rollerskating!
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

My old comp had parquet floors, every summer they were polished to a very high sheen, pe lessons cried out for dragging one another around and playing bum slide bumper cars.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

we had fabbo parquet floors in the classrooms and corridors, polished frequently and you could get a fantastic run up and slide .... **sigh** but that was YEARS ago and 'elf and safety got in and they have carpet tile type floor stuff now. no fun.
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

The far next door to our house had a highly polished, very old oak staircase, which my friend and I used to bump down on, on our backsides! top to bottom without stopping got most points! How my coxyx survived I will never know!
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

My ds has a laptop which is in quite a good solid case and some boys do just carry them on the supplied shoulder strap. However one boy has had a nasty situation when leaving school and a boy from another school grabbed the laptop and threw it into the road. I think if possible keeping it hidden in a backpack is a safer idea.
This is what I bought for my DS last year and it has survived the year. I have been astonished at times how heavy it has been with laptop, maths text book, rest of books pe kit etc in it. It may not be the bets looking bag but ds has never complained and wanted something different.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Quadra-Tungsten ... a+backpack" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I may well replace with this one when needed as the back support is not great on the above bag and this looks like it might be better.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wenger-Swissgea ... 0X1176TSMT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jugglermum

Post by jugglermum »

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now