Shoes for long skinny girls feet

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Booklady

Re: Shoes for long skinny girls feet

Post by Booklady »

Same issue here! Younger DD is only 10 years old - but is now a 7.5 C !! Paddles for feet!! And she is under 5 ft - still some growing to do I hope!!

We ended up with a pair of Clarks from the ladies section in the Slough outlet store the other day - but they are not ideal. I am going to have to sew in an elastic strap for starters - as her shoes have to have a strap and none of the couple which fit did!

Nightmare!! :roll:
fairyelephant

Post by fairyelephant »

I am this undesirable size myself and still have problems with shoes. Find a local start rite stockist for your daughter, they certainly are the best for my dd (also narrow feet).

I go straight from Mephisto sandals in the summer (can't wear Clark's or Birkenstock all too wide) straight to boots in the winter. Converse not too bad and asics trainers are the only brands that fit. Ballet pumps - forget it... :( my daughter lives in doc marten boots out of school, the shoes are too wide).
Twinkle

Post by Twinkle »

I have teenage boys with very long skinny feet ( 10/ 11 D !) This proved to be a nightmare but I have recently found the solution. I have bought each of them for £20 a pair of sports' orthotics from a local independent shoe shop ( they are like an insole with a hard piece of plastic under the arch). This allows the boys to wear wider shoes ( an E or an F) and they fit perfectly. The orthotic seems to raise the foot and hey presto wider shoes don't fall off. Definitely worth trying. I will try and find the make and post it.
Twinkle

Post by Twinkle »

I have just checked and the brand is Viva Sport. I hope that helps. I have done a quick google search and can see them on Amazon.com. I am sure you must be able to buy them online from a UK supplier too.
Samlet

Post by Samlet »

My DD also has long narrow low feet - disappears into Clarks. When younger, Start Rite was the only possibility, but now for trainers and this year for school shoes, we have found Geox. Not cheap, but I buy them on Ebay when they are reasonable and the shape is perfect for her.
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

fairyelephant wrote:I am this undesirable size myself and still have problems with shoes. Find a local start rite stockist for your daughter, they certainly are the best for my dd (also narrow feet).

I go straight from Mephisto sandals in the summer (can't wear Clark's or Birkenstock all too wide) straight to boots in the winter. Converse not too bad and asics trainers are the only brands that fit. Ballet pumps - forget it... :( my daughter lives in doc marten boots out of school, the shoes are too wide).
I live in Mephisto sandals (I have nearly every colour) until my toes start to go blue and then Brooks trainers with custom moulded innersoles for winter. I have some Clarks biker boots that aren't bad in a 9 but my long LTS boots which I love the look of are too narrow even for me in a 10. I threw away loads of shoes after developing plantar fasciitis from ill fitting footwear.