Epidural experiences

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
magwich2

Re: Epidural experiences

Post by magwich2 »

I would strongly recommend a CS with a general anaesthetic! You come round to be handed a nice clean baby (not starved of oxygen which is always good!) dressed in a pretty babygro.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Emergency c section and a planned section both under epidural and no problems at all afterwards. The only problem was curling into a ball with a huge bump :shock:
MamaBear

Post by MamaBear »

Doodles, its good to hear you had no problems post labour. I hope that me in 6 months time!
dingding

Post by dingding »

Hi MamaBear

Pls don't worry, everyone's experiences are different.

In my case I was suppose to have a normal delivery, but due my lovely son's head getting stuck in the last few moments before birth and being in distress, I had to have an emergency section.
When the needle was inserted into my back, it was very painful, not a sharp prick as I was advised. Post labour, getting around was difficult initially, but after a couple of days I was up and walking around albeit very slowly.

Fast forward ten years, no back pain to report whatsoever..... :D

Keep well x

DD
pushymother

Post by pushymother »

Hi Mamabear,

I had an epidural with DD 9lb 2oz with 98th percentile head circumference :shock: It came in handy when they stitched me up for the next hour and a half!!!!!!!!!!!

DS went all breech on me so planned C-section with spinal. Absolutely no back problems with either methods and I only wish DD would not have turned out of breech so I wouldn't have been so destroyed downstairs!!!

You probably won't need to worry about a long drawn out labour since you have already popped a few out.

Hope you have an easy pregnancy and birth.
MamaBear

Post by MamaBear »

Thank you for your posts dingding and pushymother and for your kind well wishes. Maybe its the hormones but everyone's been so lovely its making me emotional!
MedievalBabe

Post by MedievalBabe »

Hi Pushymother, It is so happy to see others have whoppers like my DS. He was 9lb 7oz and his head was off the percentile scale which was what caused my late pregnancy problems and meant the epidural.

You will choose the right pain relief when the time comes MamaBear.
MamaBear

Post by MamaBear »

Thanks medievalbabe my last baby was 9lbs 5oz ( a big shock as the boys were no way as big) I just had gas and air hence the interest in a pain free labour.

I have to say I liked having a big baby and my juicy Lucy was a good feeder too. She filled all her babygros beautifully!
2Girlsmum

Post by 2Girlsmum »

I had one with each dd. The first was fine, the second affected my lower back and stopped me lying on my tummy for years because my spine didn't like to curve. Now I'm a bit fatter :( my tummy props it up!
pushymother

Post by pushymother »

MedievalBabe wrote:Hi Pushymother, It is so happy to see others have whoppers like my DS. He was 9lb 7oz and his head was off the percentile scale which was what caused my late pregnancy problems and meant the epidural.

You will choose the right pain relief when the time comes MamaBear.
I knew my babies wouldn't be small since I am six feet tall, but my son was "normal" at 8lb 6oz at 39 weeks gestation with a smaller head. I really wish I had the big headed daughter as the C-section!

I keep telling my daughter (who had to have an adult size bike helmet at 9) that her big head houses a big brain that will have no problem with the 11+ :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now