Just something to take your mind off the wait - spiders

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
southbucks3

Re: Just something to take your mind off the wait - spiders

Post by southbucks3 »

I can honestly say, having seen Damian Hirsts cow in a case I am still just as terrified of the beasts. :lol:

Behind glass they seem less real somehow than on a web in the hedge, I know that will sound thick :oops: The boys have all done that thing where you hold a great furry spider on your palm, several times...I always decline, especially as they apparently have hooky bits on their feet....it's actually getting my pulse up just writing about it!

My worst recent experience was big spider on the dashboard, I had to pull over and get someone to remove it as I had no glass or Hoover in the car. :oops: The chap was very nice (I did know him..sort of, he was a school dad) but he deffo had a look of despair as I told him my issue. Dh once drove along the motorway with one climbing round his shirt collar while I remained glued to the passenger door ready to jump if need be ...all I could think was, if it climbed on me like that, I would crash, so best get rid and brave the humiliation!
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Derren brown seems to have a knack of how to cure a fear.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

stroudydad wrote:Derren brown seems to have a knack of how to cure a fear.

I have a phobia of him as well. :lol:
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

See article below, re spider nightmare I yesterday's, obviously quiet, press.
I would deffo borrow an industrial sized hoover....suck the little horrors out of the mortar joints and get the wall re-pointed.
Son number one got bitten by a spider in several places on his leg when he was in bed about four years ago, bless him they were quite sore, obvious fang bites too, we evicted the perp after using a book to identify him as one of only a handful of British bitey type spiders...a sideways crawler too if I recall, eugh!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -home.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now