Teenagers!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

pushymother

Re: Teenagers!

Post by pushymother »

Tinkers wrote:It's taken me 6 months to convince DD she needs a bra. She is in denial about the whole growing up process.
Opposite in my house, my 10 year old has been wearing those crop tops for a few months because she is convinced "they are growing".....they aren't!!!!
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I've had various relatives take me to one side and ask 'when are you going to get Dd a bra?'
She wasn't keen at all. I know she wouldn't be the first in her class.

Measured her up and went into M&S, bought them and presented them to her. Her choice to wear them, and she did.

Grumpiness has disappeared this afternoon, but then she has been riding and even got her favourite horse this week.
2Girlsmum

Post by 2Girlsmum »

I took DD1 during February half term. She wouldn't go for months, but after her friends told her the that her boobs would end up a her waist if she kept wearing crop tops she relented. I took her to M&S at Marble Arch on a 'girls day out' because of the selection there and had her........ measured :shock: She was a 36DD, and clearly needed to wear bras. Girls are meant to be measured every 6 months apparently, because as teenagers they are growing and changing shape.
Cup of tea

Post by Cup of tea »

Mine was in denial too tinkers for well over a year. Took her into m+s on off chance in the holidays before secondary school and the assistant could see my desperation! she measured her quickly and got her into the right size bra. (Which was a c cup so that show just how much she needed it!) She hated me for weeks after but has worn one since! She was very pleased this summer (when we went for a quick re-measure) that she had stayed the same size, and yes I had to do that without warning her beforehand too!! A short sharp shock is far better than hours or days of arguments!
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

2Girlsmum wrote:I took DD1 during February half term. She wouldn't go for months, but after her friends told her the that her boobs would end up a her waist if she kept wearing crop tops she relented. I took her to M&S at Marble Arch on a 'girls day out' because of the selection there and had her........ measured :shock: She was a 36DD, and clearly needed to wear bras. Girls are meant to be measured every 6 months apparently, because as teenagers they are growing and changing shape.
Goodness! Wasn't she a little uncomfortable in PE?
scary mum
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

:oops: I am feeling very under-endowed on hearing these pre-teen boob size stories. I still wear crop top bras. :lol: :cry:
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

My teenagers are, of course, perfect on every way :lol: :lol: :lol:

If only.
scary mum
2Girlsmum

Post by 2Girlsmum »

She was in the badminton team, which was also her PE day and she wore a sports bra that day (she thought it was OK as it was really a tight crop top with straps). I was shocked when she was measured....I was a 34B at her age so never really imagined how curvy she was! She likes baggy clothes and is a size 12 in jeans and skirts so it wasn't obvious!
Last edited by 2Girlsmum on Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2Girlsmum

Post by 2Girlsmum »

I am feeling very under-endowed on hearing these pre-teen boob size stories.
Don't worry....I'm referring to my 14 yo, not my 11 yo. She's still almost totally flat chested.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

:lol: that doesn't make me feel much better! I'm off to look up the cost of a little surgical enhancement. :wink:

On a scale of one to ten, how bad is it to threaten to kick your teen on his sprained ankle if he doesn't shut up and go to bed :oops: He pushes and pushes and pushes and.........