Juicers

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
KB

Re: Juicers

Post by KB »

It didn't come across to me that anyone was boasting about how much they spent, just exchanging information. People have different views about what to spend money on and different budgets of course but it would be a shame if nobody feels able to discuss more substantial purchases. There are lots of options and sometimes cheap is best but sometimes an investment in a pricer option is more appropriate if one has funds available. Let's hope nobody suggests a discussion on Christmas spending or sparks are going to fly :)
doodles

Post by doodles »

I will definitely be at the cheaper end of the juicer market as I'm just not sure how much use its going to get. We did this with our bread machine - cheapish one to start with but when it gave up we bought an expensive model as we knew we would be using it a lot.

I think it's good to be able discuss all price brackets as sometimes the cheaper things can be best or the more expensive things just aren't worth it. On the other hand it's good to know if you are making a false economy.
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Does anyone remember the Men Behaving Badly episode where Dorothy and Gary were getting married and someone gave them a juicer? Gary gave a very rude reply and I am having a hard time keeping a straight face through this discussion!!!!

:oops: :lol: :lol:
doodles

Post by doodles »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
KB

Post by KB »

Wish I could remember now. But I'm sure I'm far too innocent to understand :)
doodles

Post by doodles »

Ok so DH now has requisite mid life crisis juicer gadget! He thinks we should all start on root veg juices whilst I'm more for Apple and ginger "nice" tastes. Any good recipes?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Is There such a thing as "gin & tonic" juice? Don't forget the lime - makes it very healthy :D
scary mum
sbarnes

Post by sbarnes »

Blendtec working fantastically, money well spent at Costco. A lovely machine and little johnny loves the fruit in this form.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Bought a Kenwood for DS, not horridly expensive, thank goodness but thought we could use it for bread crumbs. It's rubbish for that and thankfully the novelty seems to be wearing off on the smoothie front as sometimes I too would like a banana and the younger DC some milk with their morning cereal :roll:
doodles

Post by doodles »

Having shocked us all with Apple orange and sprout (honest) and got cross with me for pineapple Orange and apple ( delicious but no nasty veg content so it wasn't worth it apparently) the wretched machine is now accumulating a nice layer of dust :lol: :wink:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now