Christmas is coming... what should I get my 11+ year old?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

modernista

Re: Christmas is coming... what should I get my 11+ year old

Post by modernista »

Asus do a memo pad...
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

For a family Christmas present from all of us to all of us a couple of years ago we went to the Harry Potter film studios near Watford which I would heartily recommend.
+1

For this year, we are planning to donate a small sum a month for a year to a charity which helps to provide safe water in Africa and elsewhere. Every little bit helps, as the saying goes.
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

Yikes I've read this thread and decided my family are incredibly shallow :oops: in our defence we have an ongoing commitment to a local charity which works in Sierra Leone and also a pre school in South Africa.

Back to our shallowness I've got my 11 year old (yr 7) tickets for him and a friend to see Ed Sheeran at Wembley and a SuperDry Jacket and my 9 year old (yr 5) an iPod touch and tickets for her and a friend to see The Vamps and a Chemistry Set. We're also going to the Harry Potter studios.

Concert tickets are I think always popular but I guess it depends on the child. For dd's last birthday we did one of the meet the penguins experiences at London Zoo which she loved.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

I want to be your son's friend too if it means I get to see Ed Sheeran. That's not meant to be as weird as it sounds :oops: .
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

KS10 wrote:I want to be your son's friend too if it means I get to see Ed Sheeran. That's not meant to be as weird as it sounds :oops: .
Haha! I'm quite excited actually as I get to go too as they need an over 18 with them!
KS10

Post by KS10 »

I am over 18 :D
KB

Post by KB »

Gosh, I hope you get plenty of help with the washing up kittymum. Things have moved on a bit since mine were that age!

Re Harry Potter studios. Has anyone been without children? My DCs were fans of the books and then films in the early days. Would it work as a nostalgic adult trip?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

We took DD and two of her friends to Harry Potter world on an Inset day last year. Seemed to be full of adults without children. :lol:
KB

Post by KB »

Thanks Tinkers.
Going on a school day sounds like a good idea. Will wait till DC finishes exams and have a family trip :)
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

We have found inset days great for doing stuff that would be busy in holiday time. Last inset day we went to Go Ape and it was deserted.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now