Nut allergy & playdates

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
999 mum

Re: Nut allergy & playdates

Post by 999 mum »

mm23292 wrote: The child lives over half an hour away too, so not quite next door!
Could you explain the situation and possibly invite yourself along to help. I know that it is a bit pushy, but given the circumstance I think most people would understand and probably appreciate not having sole responsibility if they have not been in that position before.
justkeepmoving

Re: Nut allergy & playdates

Post by justkeepmoving »

Hi - my DD also has nut allergy - although not the life-threatening version. From quite early on she was aware of the issue & what she could /could not eat - also if she was not sure then to ask the adult present. But so many people are not informed on this issue & offer kids foods that although they do not have actual nuts in, they are not nut free. I have told parents before parties & she still has come home with party bags with sweets containing nuts (bueno bars & happy hippo's). So I think the idea of supplying your own food is the safest, then teach her not to eat anything else that is not hers. You cannot be watching her all the time so your DD is going to have to learn to deal with this herself.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now