Juicers

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
doodles

Juicers

Post by doodles »

Can anybody recommend a juicer? Dh wants one for his birthday, I think he's having a bit of a midlife crisis :lol:

There's a good deal on tesco.com at the moment, it's a Jason Vale brand, anyone know whether it's any good?
MamaBear

Re: Juicers

Post by MamaBear »

I find the Argos reviews brutally honest! See if the Jason Vale one is on there and read the review.

Lucky you, I'd love one but our kitchen is cluttered up as it is.
Hera

Post by Hera »

We Have had ours for years and it is brilliant, can deal with anything. It is a Magimix.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

We've had ours for years and years. It was used twice and sits in a cupboard somewhere. If you were close enough I'd give it to you.
sbarnes

Post by sbarnes »

I did the math on this; Juice makers are so much more expensive glass for glass compared to the same product from supermarkets. The only way to make it work is to go to the local street markets and get minging fruits to make a economical glass. Its so much more cheaper and better to buy from Waitrose or Aldi
marigold

Post by marigold »

I agree with sbarnes on this one. We had one and I used to make the most delicious juice in the world with apples, ginger and limes, you felt twenty years younger and two stone lighter after a glass but it was ridiculously extravagant. I think it went to the dump after sitting in the cupboard for years. ( Along with the pasta maker and a strange choppy/gratey thing)
doodles

Post by doodles »

I know, I know, I know but this is a 53 yo man's midlife crisis we are dealing with here :lol: :lol:

Will go and look at the Argos reviews.
Amber

Post by Amber »

doodles wrote:I know, I know, I know but this is a 53 yo man's midlife crisis we are dealing with here :lol: :lol: .
Well it's cheaper than a Harley, less embarrassing than an electric guitar and less messy than his secretary so I would run with it.
doodles

Post by doodles »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Am happy to run with it Amber but I don't want to take out a small mortgage, I would like some worksurface left and I don't want to have to redecorate every time he uses it!!
Lynniew100

Post by Lynniew100 »

My DH just bought this
https://www.nutribullet.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It juices almost everything!, skin and all. Best part, washing up is a total breeze.
We have had kale, apples, blueberries, carrots. All go in and blended and then all straight into a glass to drink!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now