Frazzled

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Matrix

Frazzled

Post by Matrix »

Does anyone else feel completely and utterly worn out with all this? DD just missed the cut off and who knows whether she is still in with a chance on the waiting list. Trying to detach from it and not think about it but then suddenly it pops into my head and I am am back churning over possibilities..........
Stressed?Moi?

Re: Frazzled

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

It really must be awful. I don't know about where you are, but here for the first time there is a ranking system. If that is the case, have you rung the school to find out what rank they have "gone down to" and where she is on the waiting list? People do change their mind/move house etc so don't give up hope. If she has strong academic proof there's always the appeal route. There is also the opportunity to apply in-year at a later stage if that's what you want. At the end of it, grammar schools aren't everything and comps have lots of high achievers who just prefer not to go to grammar or it is logistically impossible for them to go.
WindowGlass

Re: Frazzled after the matter

Post by WindowGlass »

The 11+ journey can be exhausting, having pinned so much of your hope to it.
There may still be hope for DC on waiting lists, and besides, the journey may have gone well towards preparing DC for future effort and success.

Not all non-selective schools are sinks though. Many aren't.

In a year or few's time you'll look back at all this and smile no doubt.

Even if you'd got though at the first hurdle you'd probably have felt frazzled/zonked/overwhelmed or even underwhelmed. It's roller-coaster, enjoy the ride, roll with the punches, but keep sane, positive and moving forward.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now