Feet sizes

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
southbucks3

Re: Feet sizes

Post by southbucks3 »

Dh used to stock up on jeans, shirts with longer sleeves, sweatshirts (pre hoody days) whenever he visited the states as they always catered for bigger or taller men better than UK stores.. Your son may find this is a more fun way to stock up on his footwear doodles as he gets older and travels more.
loobylou

Post by loobylou »

Thanks everyone, guess I just have to wait and see! (Luckily much of our family lives in the States so we might be lucky if he ends up with huge feet).

It doesn't sound as though he is particularly outside the norm though from reading your replies. He believes (from his friends and their parents) that he is freakishly tall with enormous feet; possibly the truth is that his friends are just freakishly small :lol:
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

loobylou wrote:Thanks everyone, guess I just have to wait and see! (Luckily much of our family lives in the States so we might be lucky if he ends up with huge feet).

It doesn't sound as though he is particularly outside the norm though from reading your replies. He believes (from his friends and their parents) that he is freakishly tall with enormous feet; possibly the truth is that his friends are just freakishly small :lol:

Quite!
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Hope no one feels offended.

My sister in law with her two children are very tall.The ladies are near six feet and my nephew is about 6 feet 3 inches and they have feet sizes up to 14.I remember when I was frequently travelling on business trips to India 3 to 4 years back until my health stopped me I used to look for gifts for my family(extended) and in one of those trips in order to find sandals for my sister in law I drew around her foot to find the right size sandals.I still remember the looks of the people I would ask as to the sizes of the sandals by showing the footprint :shock: The problem was the width not necessarily the length.There is nothing unusual about large feet in western countries except in countries with poorer diets like India.Feet sizes have increased in the UK over the decades partly fuelled by changes in diet.

The best bet for large sizes is the internet from the USA
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

quasimodo wrote:Hope no one feels offended.

My sister in law with her two children are very tall.The ladies are near six feet and my nephew is about 6 feet 3 inches and they have feet sizes up to 14.I remember when I was frequently travelling on business trips to India 3 to 4 years back until my health stopped me I used to look for gifts for my family(extended) and in one of those trips in order to find sandals for my sister in law I drew around her foot to find the right size sandals.I still remember the looks of the people I would ask as to the sizes of the sandals by showing the footprint :shock: The problem was the width not necessarily the length.There is nothing unusual about large feet in western countries except in countries with poorer diets like India.Feet sizes have increased in the UK over the decades partly fuelled by changes in diet.

The best bet for large sizes is the internet from the USA
Or maybe The Netherlands