Life Challenge ideas please?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Guest55

Re: Life Challenge ideas please?

Post by Guest55 »

Anything here:

http://www.bucksfamilyinfo.org/kb5/buck ... hannel=7-9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

Impressive list so far.

How about practical things like cleaning windows, washing a car, mowing a lawn?

Baking (not just cooking)?

Baking harder things e.g. making the pastry for the tart?

Joining a neighbouring library unaided (filling out forms, etc)?
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
Eccentric

Post by Eccentric »

:)
Last edited by Eccentric on Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eccentric

Post by Eccentric »

Tolstoy wrote:
Eccentric wrote:Something a friend of mine did was to let her child be the adult for the day and be responsible for organising everything. They live in town so the child was able to shop etc. so I was thinking that I could charge a taxi fare for getting anywhere.
One of mine would head straight for the Old sweetie shop in West Wycombe, given half a chance he'd walk there, despite the distance :lol:
I happen to know that when DD and her friends go out together and have been given money for a healthy lunch that they have doughnuts as their elevenses leaving them a bit short for their lunch. The Mum of one of the friends apparently checks the lunch receipt and is amazed by her daughter's healthy choices. Little does she know... :lol:
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

Mine got a debit card lately and I let her use it, complete with PIN to pay for groceries. Then we transferred the amount on the receipt back to her account online.

You could also try something like that for purchasing and later returning for refund or exchange an item of clothing.
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
fifilarue

Post by fifilarue »

Having to organise something which involves leaving a message on a stranger's answer machine and receiving a call back. I remember finding that hard at 18!
Eccentric

Post by Eccentric »

:)
Last edited by Eccentric on Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eccentric

Post by Eccentric »

I am also thinking that something that means sticking to precise times might be helpful. Not something that DD is very good at. To her an hour is a minute.
RedVelvet

Post by RedVelvet »

There's a list of ideas here:

http://www.busykidshappymom.org/life-skills/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A few I'd like to do with my children; basic first aid, using a phone box, organising a family party, changing a light bulb, basic car maintenance, booking and attending appointments and lots of cooking.
RedVelvet

Post by RedVelvet »

Oh and lighting a fire without matches.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now